Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Simpsons editing?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just came across a Simpsons episode on Sky one where BArt organises and uprising to stop the other kids going to Nelsons party. Martin is using a tig as an analogy for the group of them being strong together but weak individually.

He breaks one twig and says thats how weak they each are, then picks up a bunch of them and says together we are strong as a mighty ****, at which point a dictionary explaination of **** come sup onscreen to explain that a **** is a bunch of twigs. Was this always there? I dont remember it.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm pretty sure it was always there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I don't recall that either now Stekelly. Strange indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Don't recall that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

+1 for the never saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Moved to Prime time cartoons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

zuutroy wrote: »
    +1 for the never saw it.
    ditto it's obviously post 2000 simpsons.

Saw it again on today's rerun and never noticed it before. Hence googling it and coming across this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I suspect it was always there. i remember the episode but not sure what series it was. Does anybody know? I have them all on disc and I could go and check when i get home (nurd 101)

newbie2 wrote: »
    I suspect it was always there. i remember the episode but not sure what series it was. Does anybody know? I have them all on disc and I could go and check when i get home (nurd 101)
    Episode 8 in Season 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Tails142

yeah I had seen that episode previously and never noticed the dictionary style explanation of ******.

I presume it has to do with the gay rights court ruling - they were sued over an episode where at the start the gay rights parade comes into town.

Homer comes out of his house and says "Gay rights parade, DOH!", they dubbed over the "Doh!" to Homer saying "Wohoo!". Makes me crack up everytime I hear it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Karsini wrote: »
    Episode 8 in Season 18.
    that's the paddy's day one where the irish blow up a brittish pub.

still have no idea what episode the OP is on about.

Cremo wrote: »

I think the one with the paddys day blow up of english chipper/pub is a lot older than that.

i've just seen the latest one and I've a feeling that it'll be heavilly edited for UK TV. The word "Bitch" is used in a similar way - an explaination of what the word is - ie a female dog is scripted immeadiatly afterwards. And the word bollix is used on numerous occasions. Good episode though.

Cremo wrote: »

Unless this is wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haw-Hawed_Couple

Karsini wrote: »
    Episode 8 in Season 18.

Season 8 episode 18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homer_vs._The_Eighteenth_Amendment

Ah, so that was the mix up. Well I'd be curious to see if the season 18 DVD set has the explanation in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I remember an episode (can't think which one - could be where Mr Burns loses his money and gets Lisa to help) where Mr.Burns is in the Simpsons back garden, and a photographer pops up from behind the fence and takes a photo. Mr Burns comment is something like "damn paparazzi", but I watched the episode about a week after the death of Princess Diana, and the word paparazzi was just muted. May have been a coincidence, but I doubt it

Advertisement