Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd like an Ipod but I don't like Itunes

Options
  • 12-11-2007 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I'd like to get a large MP3 player i.e. a 60Gb Creative or an 80Gb Ipod,

I prefer Creative in the fact that you can drag and drop, their software is not necessary, but I've heard of a few people recently who've had serious problems with their Creative players.

I like Ipod's but I don't like that you have to use Itunes, and I also dislike the amount of problems that most people appear to have converting video files so they work.

What's the best solution to these problems? Or what other alternatives do I have.

My other requirements are that it will work in my car (I'll buy a transmitter type device for this).

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm the same as you. there are itunes replacements out there but for some reason they screw with my ipod classic and i have to reset the firmware when/if i go back into itunes. you can drag folders into the ipod via itunes without having to mess with the itunes library though... it's what i do anyway. only problem is it doesn't seem to copy over album artwork then, and the only solution is to join itunes store (using a credit card)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Some more info here Peter on the Zen

http://epizenter.net/news.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Winamp is great, all you need for it to work with your iPod is that your iPod be named. Drag and drop baby :-)

thumb-20050526winampipodplugin.png

http://www.winamp.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 someguysayshell

auggie2k wrote: »
    Winamp is great, all you need for it to work with your iPod is that your iPod be named. Drag and drop baby :-)

thumb-20050526winampipodplugin.png

http://www.winamp.com/
    Seriously?

I use winamp, it's fantastic.

Can I drag from the ipod as well as to the ipod?

I assume I'll still have problems with video, but this doesn't concern too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 someguysayshell

I may also have jumped over potential problems relating to file types, my music is a mix of MP3's and wma's, with a couple of others in there for good measure.

Oh and thanks for the advice everyone.

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Yeah you can, it's a new feature to copy to and from... really handy I must say.

No support for the iPod Touch at the moment (I have one in all *tear*)

Well if you have iPod compatible videos in Winamp, then copy them over as well and you'll be sorted.

PS: Full manual sync control... it's class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vincenzo1

How would that work for the less technical? Putting winamp on ipod and getting it to play tunes?? Is that instead of itunes or as well as? (I know nothing)
    Does/could this work on sony as well?
    Sounds good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I have a Creative 30Gb Zen Vision M for a year now and never had a days trouble with it and it get used and used and abused everyday....

As in another post I also got a i-touch for my wife for christmas but itunes/converting video is such a pain for me after being used to drag and drop....

I could never adapt to using this system day in and day out.... I watch a lot of tv shows on my Zen too and just grap and point job done in a few sec instead of an hour or two converting and messing around.... sound quality and screen is much better then the ipod classic as well by a long shot...

Creative support is the best in the business as well so if you do have a problem it can be easily sorted...

Creative by a mile for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

For the winamp sync do I just have to connect the Ipod via the Usb or whatever and it just transfers via the Portables section? No hassle?!!
    I have winamp 5.35.

Advertisement