Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPSA Range Officers Seminar

Options
  • 12-11-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Just a brief note of thanks to the hardy souls from Wexford, Donegal , and all other parts of the Island that attended the initial RO class last Saturday in Kells . This was the first step on a two year road at the end of which the sucessful students will be awarded a IPSA RO certificate .

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

It was a very good course. We are very lucky to have such an experienced IROA member within IPSA.:D

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

les45 wrote: »
    This was the first step on a two year road at the end of which the sucessful students will be awarded a IPSA RO certificate.

Very interested in IPSA and practical pistol shooting, saw your new website, coming along nicely, more articles and pics needed..............

I normally shoot rifle (target) all the time but have recently bought a second hand Glock 17 for bullseye shooting...........I have heard that IPSC and IPSA are very strict with regulations and, it goes without saying, safety, but do you mean that it takes about 2 years to become an RO..........

With the NRA (in the USA) I believe you can buy any creditation you want by participating in a correspondence course for around $35 or so, open to correction on this............with an Open book all the way.........

I also believe that the SSAI held an Instructors Course recently, would love to compare it with an IPSA Instructors Course...............

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

I am not in a position to comment on either the SSAI course or the NRA course , but to answer your question , yes it will take two years to qualify as a IPSA RO , the RO manual contains in excess of 400 pages , with a total of 32 Hrs classroom and two years on the job training , the pass rate for all exams is 80 % . A daunting task by any standards but if the work rate and interest shown by the class on Saturday is maintained the lads will have no problem in acheiving the required grade . As part of the two year training the students must work as trainee ROs at International Matches and their progress will be assessed at all stages . We take all aspects of our sport very seriously and this is reflected in both the Competition Licence Course and now our Range Officers Course.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Thanks John, wow, very heavy going indeed, best of luck.

Advertisement