Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Zune

Options
  • 12-11-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Can these players be bought in Ireland?

the 30gb version

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

nope. I have one that i got on ebay last xmas. Works perfectly but because its US one you can't charge it from the mains. The usb charges it fine or you can get a usb charging dock (and remote seperately). I also have a DLO transdock micro for the zune that plays it on the car radio and charges it. The software works fine here too except you can't use the zune marketplace (similar to itunes) because you have to be located in the USA to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Speedway wrote: »
    nope. I have one that i got on ebay last xmas. Works perfectly but because its US one you can't charge it from the mains. The usb charges it fine or you can get a usb charging dock (and remote seperately). I also have a DLO transdock micro for the zune that plays it on the car radio and charges it. The software works fine here too except you can't use the zune marketplace (similar to itunes) because you have to be located in the USA to use it.

can you buy a wall charger off ebay? doesn't really matter

one guy on ebay is selling for 80£ another is selling for 160£
    how much did you buy yours for

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If you know someone in the states have them ship one over, you can get them for sub $100 (€60) or you can wait and get a new zune, the Zune80..

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

honestly i don't really know because my girlfriend got it for me for xmas. As far as i know it was about €250 cause it had just been launched when i got it so it was pretty expensive.

Overall if you're thinking of getting one i'd really recommend it. I owned a creative zen touch 20gb before it (never liked iPods)

don't mind people who b*tch about Microsoft and complaining about the zune cause most of them have probably never even used one. I love mine and use it every day.

Best bits of it:

- great screen, really good quality (switches to landscape for videos)
    - easy to use software
    - nice range of accessories (i have the remote control and dock for sync and they work really well)
    - very sturdy (dropped it loads of times and not even a scratch on it)

Bad points:

- no mains charger cause its from the US
    - software can sometimes update songs itself (e.g. if you have an album with Title "Cracked Rear View" occassionally with the online database some songs could change to the album "The Cracked Rear View" if other people make alterations. This has only happened a couple of times though, hasn't happened to me in months now. And it's easy to fix when it does happen)
    - it is a bit more bulky than some mp3 players. Its not too heavy but it is a bit bulky for jogging with it in your pocket. I've just a silicon case for it on ebay for €4 that protects it and hooks it onto my belt so that problem is solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Speedway wrote: »
    honestly i don't really know because my girlfriend got it for me for xmas. As far as i know it was about €250 cause it had just been launched when i got it so it was pretty expensive.

Overall if you're thinking of getting one i'd really recommend it. I owned a creative zen touch 20gb before it (never liked iPods)

don't mind people who b*tch about Microsoft and complaining about the zune cause most of them have probably never even used one. I love mine and use it every day.

Best bits of it:

- great screen, really good quality (switches to landscape for videos)
    - easy to use software
    - nice range of accessories (i have the remote control and dock for sync and they work really well)
    - very sturdy (dropped it loads of times and not even a scratch on it)

Bad points:

- no mains charger cause its from the US
    - software can sometimes update songs itself (e.g. if you have an album with Title "Cracked Rear View" occassionally with the online database some songs could change to the album "The Cracked Rear View" if other people make alterations. This has only happened a couple of times though, hasn't happened to me in months now. And it's easy to fix when it does happen)
    - it is a bit more bulky than some mp3 players. Its not too heavy but it is a bit bulky for jogging with it in your pocket. I've just a silicon case for it on ebay for €4 that protects it and hooks it onto my belt so that problem is solved.

Cheers thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I already had the 30GB zune and i am more than happy with it. Today we got the new firmware and software that gives all the new features that the new models have (wireless sync, podcasts, more video codecs). My zune now has a completely new UI and i love it- very slick. The software is simply a MASSIVE upgrade on the old one and it's very well designed- there's no lag anymore either. Certainly better than itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Is there an 80GB Zune available?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Big Tone wrote: »
    Is there an 80GB Zune available?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Mactard wrote: »
    Yep

On December 12th, the 80GB will become available.

cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

hshortt wrote: »

cheerio
    Howard

Nice one. Can pre-order it from MS for €164 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

hshortt wrote: »

cheerio
    Howard

Isn't that just for america though?
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/15/more-on-zune-80-delays-available-december-12th/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Yeah, they will not be released here for some time yet. MS have no license agreements with the record labels for use Europe... or so I've read.

You'll have to get it from America. I'm hoping to pick one up myself in January.
    Cheerio
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Is there any sites aside from ebay.ie that will deliver a second gen zune to Ireland?

Been looking for the last while and come up a bit short :(

Advertisement