Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dáil Bar

Options
  • 12-11-2007 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know if the Dáil bar is open to the public?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

reallybad wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know if the Dáil bar is open to the public?

No, its not. But if you are signed in as a visitor by a TD or a senator you can get a drink there. I did. You most certainly cannot just walk in off the street and order a pint.
    By the way, there are two bars, one for people like I have described above, and another for the use of TD’S and senators only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is it a free bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Is it a free bar?

No, but if memory serves me well, it’s subsidised. The price of the pint was not your usual Dublin price. More like down the country price.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Subsidised? Typical, they make fortunes there compared to normal people and yet the drinks are cheaper, on taxpayer money of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

far as i know theres no tax on it so its alot cheaper.

fun fact is it wasnt a legal bar till the last year or so as it doesnt have a liscence so technically every member who drank there over the decades was "engaged in criminality" :D:D

apparently theres some sort of opt out clause in regards to certain laws that you can only take advantage of in government buildings and thats how they got away with it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

^^ Cool... I broke the law with a certain TD a few times then!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'd love to ransack the place. Its a ****in disgrace: rich *****. Besides that they should be making laws and legislation that helps the country, not justify them getting cheap beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

No, its not. But if you are signed in as a visitor by a TD or a senator you can get a drink there. I did. You most certainly cannot just walk in off the street and order a pint.
    By the way, there are two bars, one for people like I have described above, and another for the use of TD’S and senators only.

Do they ever leave it ?The absence of TDs at debates suggest they dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Overheal wrote: »
    I'd love to ransack the place. Its a ****in disgrace: rich *****. Besides that they should be making laws and legislation that helps the country, not justify them getting cheap beer!

you can be part of my assault squadron then. when WWIII occurs i'll be leading the attack on the dáil bar. it will then become our base then in taking over the rest of the liquor industry in Ireland.

so long as i get to play with the elevator in the Guinness brewery and pass out from barley fumes, im sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Do they ever leave it ?The absence of TDs at debates suggest they dont.

Only if they fancy a pint across the street in the Merrion. There's usually a bunch of them in there.

You realise it would be a simple matter of sabotaging the taps.... perhaps routing a strain of US-Quality Staph Infection into the lines.... no more TDs.

Ah, an anarchist mind trapped in a lazy body :)

Advertisement