Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow earlier this year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Good heavy stuff while it lasted, i want snow!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wish I had a digicam last year, had some pretty decent snow for a bit in that snap too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi3pqeiQL68

^^ a little more

terrible how it came down so heavy AND stuck but was melted and gone in an hour :,,,,,,(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

We had snow here yesterday morning but it melted in a couple of hours. First snow I've seen in 3 years. I live about a half km from the Med in the south of France. Freaky weather when you consider we had a forest fire about 10kms away the night before due to extremely dry and windy conditions. It hasn't rained for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

If you want snow, go to Europe.......

VIENNA, Nov 16, 2007 (AFP) - Several thousand people spent the night in their cars after unseasonably heavy snowfall caused road blockages in eastern Austria, emergency services said. At least two highways were closed for 14 hours overnight and had yet to be opened Friday morning. The blockages occurred after heavy lorries that were poorly equipped for the weather conditions became stuck in the thick snow and breakdown services were unable to reach them. "All three lanes are blocked. I've never seen that in my entire time in this job," said Manfred Mirwald of the local touring club OeAMTC. Thursday evening, a 21-kilometre (13-mile) jam built up on a highway just outside Vienna. Up to 5,000 cars were affected. Friday morning, some 280 lorries were still immobilised on the same highway and would have to be dug out, OeAMTC said. Up to 20 centimetres (eight inches) of snow fell in and around Vienna overnight. Meteorologists said this was the heaviest snowfall for mid-November in more than 40 years. Red Cross workers and volunteers handed out hot tea, food and blankets on the highways, and emergency shelters put up women and children for a few hours, but many drivers spent the night in their cars, Austrian media reported.

• Advertisement
Advertisement