Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 660 No sound

Options
  • 12-11-2007 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know why the sound, audible directions/key tones/mp3 player etc., won't work on a Nuvi 660, checked all the settings on the unit and all seem in order.
    Anyone know of any issues with sound on the unit?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Going by this post it wouldn't be the first to have a speaker problem!

Assuming it's still in warranty it looks like you'll have no bother getting a replacement with the very latest maps!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cool, I bought it in Halfords at home in Cork, sure if I bring it to Halfords in Dublin they will replace it for me I presume?

This would be the fourth replacement unit by the way. Great functionality but chronic reliability in the lesser functions, bluetooth and audible navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Do-more wrote: »
    Going by this post it wouldn't be the first to have a speaker problem!

Yep,I was that soldier !

I'd recommend you ring Garmin UK direct yourself to get an RMA.I found them very pleasant to deal with.I've had two replacements but both were back within a week of posting it off.
    As a bonus the last one has the 2008 maps.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Did you have to send the unit back to garmin or just exchange it at point of purchase?

Cheers for the help

I had to send it directly to them in England.I wrapped it up in bubble wrap and cardboard and put it in a padded envelope.You just have to send the unit itself.Cost about €9 to send registered(for up to €320 value)
    Had a new one back by courier within the week.

NOTE - you must ring them first to get an RMA number(return materials authorisation)and this number has to be written on the envelope,but as I said before they're very pleasant to deal with,they take your details and explain what to do.

• Advertisement

Might try and get a new one off halfords first before I go down that route, only got it in May of this year so hopefully they will sort it. Kinda need it for the weekend.

Cheers for the help again.

Just got a new 660FM from Halfords, they will restock with the one that garmin send out following the RMA request. Saved me hte hassle of having to send it back myself.

This one has City Navigoator NT 2008, is this the most recent mapping? Also whats the FM bit about?

Cheers for the advice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes, it's the most recent mapping. FM transmitter transmits voice commands, music etc in FM to your car stereo / radio.

Sweet. Cheers.

Good stuff !

• Advertisement
Advertisement