Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clinic

Options
  • 11-11-2007 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Why is the standard of acting on fair city soooo bad and the acting on the clinic is terrific? Both Irish and made right here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Are you joking good acting on the clinic I watched it last night and all I saw was whinging and moaning and mumbling all the way through. Its like eastenders only they whinge moan and shout. Aren't they enough depressing things in life besides putting rubbish like this on tv. Your wan Cathy I think her name is actually managed to smile once during the whole episode. If they are trying to depict real clinics then all doctors and nurses will end up suffering from depression a couple of years into their jobs. I won't be watching it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Are you joking good acting on the clinic I watched it last night and all I saw was whinging and moaning and mumbling all the way through. Its like eastenders only they whinge moan and shout. Aren't they enough depressing things in life besides putting rubbish like this on tv. Your wan Cathy I think her name is actually managed to smile once during the whole episode. If they are trying to depict real clinics then all doctors and nurses will end up suffering from depression a couple of years into their jobs. I won't be watching it again.

Still better than fair city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

At least the clinic shows a better side to the irish than most rte dramas. usually it's all depressing, drug dealing, scumbags, portraying us as a nation of potato eating peasants. Not that fair city does a bad job, better than glenroe, but the clinic is something that i would be proud to be see shown on british t.v. as an imported show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

bettedavis wrote: »
    At least the clinic shows a better side to the irish than most rte dramas. usually it's all depressing, drug dealing, scumbags, portraying us as a nation of potato eating peasants. Not that fair city does a bad job, better than glenroe, but the clinic is something that i would be proud to be see shown on british t.v. as an imported show.
    Couldn't agree more. What facinates me though is that some actors in fair city don't appear to be acting, that is the way they speak and behave in real life. I think an awful lot depends on the script and the director and the fact that the clinic is an independent production also effects the finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

bettedavis wrote: »
    The clinic is depressing if everyone in Ireland were like characters in the clinic it would be one hell of a boring place to live. But if people watch this rubbish then rte may as well make it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

juuge wrote: »
    Why is the standard of acting on fair city soooo bad and the acting on the clinic is terrific? Both Irish and made right here!

I can't believe you think the standard of acting in the Clinic is terrific. I watched a couple of episodes this year and thought it was hilariously bad.. Cathy is atrocious with maybe one facial
    expression in her whole portfolio and Dan is just as bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

have to say I like this show....saw the episode last week when daisy and conor got together, very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

halfinch wrote: »
    have to say I like this show....saw the episode last week when daisy and conor got together, very good

a sniff it bought a tear to my eye!! haha the clinic overall is a lot better than fair city, although watching paint dry is better than looking at fair city... that worst ever actor in that was yer man that used to play lorcan couldnt act for sh!it

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

well she is as dead now as her acting was!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Louise_11

Could somebody please tell me when is the clinic repeated?

Thank you,

Louise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

You can watch it online on www.rte.ie/theclinic

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Isnt it reapted on thursday nights around 11ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The Clinic is not a Soap Opera, it's a drama there is a huge difference.

All soap operas have bad actors even the good ones. You cann't expect Soap Opera actors to be the greatest ever. There show goes out 5 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

I think that The Clinic is probably the best show that RTE have ever made. I mean Fair City is terrible but does anyone remember "The Big Bow Wow"?? Now that was a bad programme worthy of moaning about!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

"The Big Bow Wow"?? Now that was a bad programme worthy of moaning about!

It was a typical soap opera.

Advertisement