Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Sleeping Bags wanted

Options
  • 11-11-2007 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a 2-3 season sleeping bag and have found bags from 30E up to 200E. Anyone know if Gelert bags are good? If they do want they say on the tin they look great value but I'm a bit sceptical. What about Vango? Are they better? Any information would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Hmmm, maybe you should ask yourself what exactly you intend the sleeping bag for, i.e, will it be used during the summer/winter, is likely to be used in wet/dry climates. Then set yourself a reasonable budget, so that you know how expensive a bag you can get.

Also you can decide whether you buy a down filled bag or synthetic bag, down filled bags are much warmer than synthetic filled, but they must be kept dry, and stored properly, otherwise they start losing their insulation properties.
    Here is a good guide to get you started http://www.outdoorplaces.com/gear/equipment/bags/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

down bags are lighter and pack smaller BUT are useless if they get damp

a damp/wet hollow fibre isn't pleasant but at least it will still keep you warm

Advertisement