Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl "Veritas" sewing machine? Any Good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i thought veritas was a religious book publisher??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Maybe they are expanding the business ;)

"Veritas, the truth, all sewn up!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

camels and eye of a needle came to mind

also joseph and that amazing technicoloured coat

and the judas incident - definitely a stitch up

I can't help but feel that this thread is wandering somewhat off topic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sarahhurray

just bought one this evening and so far I think it's flipping amazing! I am fairly new to sewing but I've done button holes no bother and I'm looking forward to doing a zipper. The self threading thingy is handy but I'm most impressed by all the foot gadgets it comes with. The company Veritas have been round for over a hundred years so I wouldn't be worried about quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Fulmar

My wife, who has a sewing machine for the last 30 years, has bought one. She was like a little girl with it. The DVD instructions that it came with are in German, but the machine is simple to use and the manual is in English. Self threading is a blessing as the eyes get older. Relative to older models it is light and has a work light. The drawer assembly removes to allow sewing around sleeves etc. Has a 3 year guarantee and I cannot comment on longevity or spares.
    The computerised stitching selections works a treat and you can program it to stitch letters from the alphabet in sequence e.g. your name. Not sure how many letters it does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dgosul

Looking forward to "doing a zipper"?
    What are u gonna do to it?
    open it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

dgosul wrote: »
    Looking forward to "doing a zipper"?
    What are u gonna do to it?
    open it?

Being banned from one forum not enough for you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055219904

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sobaga

Fulmar wrote: »
    ... The DVD instructions that it came with are in German, but the machine is simple to use and the manual is in English.

I have had one for a couple of months (bought the previous time LIDL had them on offer) and I absolutely love it (finally don't have to ask friends to do alterations for me). The DVD is not only in German, you can choose English as well, although the best is to try different stitches on different materials and find the best settings yourself :) The machine is quite simple to use and once you get to know (and remember!) how to choose right settings for you it is really good. And the price is funny comparing to some shops.

How good is the auto threading? Does it auto mate the whole threading processes, or do you have to "set it up" to auto thread?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vintagestyle

Hi, can anyone tell me how much it was in Lidl? I have been offered one second hand at 50 euro. I would like to know how much it was new. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

2 years later you dragged this up:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Norouz

sobaga wrote: »
    I have had one for a couple of months (bought the previous time LIDL had them on offer) and I absolutely love it (finally don't have to ask friends to do alterations for me). The DVD is not only in German, you can choose English as well, although the best is to try different stitches on different materials and find the best settings yourself :) The machine is quite simple to use and once you get to know (and remember!) how to choose right settings for you it is really good. And the price is funny comparing to some shops.

Hello there, I`m sorry I don`t know where should I ask, actually I bought a Veritas Profi 1770 Sewing Machine, unfortunately it hasn`t any operating manual or instruction DVD. And i`m enthusiast to have them. Any fairly reply will be appreciated.
    Could any body hint where to download?
    Thanks a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Norouz wrote: »
    Hello there, I`m sorry I don`t know where should I ask, actually I bought a Veritas Profi 1770 Sewing Machine, unfortunately it hasn`t any operating manual or instruction DVD. And i`m enthusiast to have them. Any fairly reply will be appreciated.
    Could any body hint where to download?
    Thanks a lot...

http://www.sewingguide.de/en/component/phocadownload/category/6-veritas-9000a5.html?download=84:veritas-9000a5

There's also a youtube video: http://youtu.be/baE8G1gG7GE

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Norouz

hi,
    But my machine is as I attached, those you mentioned are different.
    Thank you any way...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

lods wrote: »
    2 years later you dragged this up:eek:

Sure that's nothing, 4 years later now that is impressive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Damn, I thought I was going to be able to get a belated Valentine's Day present for the wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Norouz wrote: »
    hi,
    But my machine is as I attached, those you mentioned are different.
    Thank you any way...

Thats an real sewing machine, nothing to do with the chinese plastic yoke in lidl. Sadly the textima factory is long gone.

There are textima manuals here for different machine with them you should be able to work out the functions:

http://www.sewing-world.ru/description_pdf/manuals/Veritas5081-5192.pdf

Rubina is similar non industrial version if you know anyone that speaks russian:
    http://www.sewing-world.ru/description_pdf/manuals/VeritasRubina1290.pdf
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF0oCb8BzVQ

There are 1770 manuals advertised in germany:
    http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/bedienungsanleitung-naehmaschine-veritas-profi-1770/118736241-176-4188

Good luck :)

Oh by the way my dad is a bit of a sewing machine nut and changing to fully synthetic engine oil instead of 'sewing machine oil' was a life changer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 owen_g

Hiya - first poster
    I have a 8014 - $10

i just got it
    The story is - I think - I believe - idon't know positive- but
    this is a new machine - basically - never been used - I live in canada - it has a german plug and a 220v motor -
    this seriously has never been used --
    i am going to put a new motor on

a real sewing machine

oh oh ---
    and the synth oil --- now ... - then again i have nice oil - it is ,, polarized oil - get that stuff - it absorbs
    bike shop polarized oil - about $15 / oz

i still cant get over it - i found a new veritas - i new 40 year old german sewing machine -
    yes- it runs amazing - very nice stitch - no BS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement