Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glomobi Halloween ads....STILL!!!

Options
  • 11-11-2007 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find it strange/annoying that the ringtone company Glomobi are still advertising for Halloween sounds and wallpapers on T.V.Halloween was nearly 2 weeks ago.I hate those ads anyway but this i find stupid!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Yeah but I bet there's people still buying them!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah I noticed that too. I thought it was incredibly stupid. I think the fact that people buys these ringtones and wallpapers is even stupider. I'm fairly sure every phone on the market has bluetooth. Why pay €6 for a ringtone or picture when you can just transfer your own songs or pictures over to your phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Maybe it's for next halloween?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Maybe it's for next halloween?
    The early bird gets the worm and all that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

When the revolution comes that bastard that voices the glomobi ads is the first to die.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

I'm fairly sure every phone on the market has bluetooth. Why pay €6 for a ringtone or picture when you can just transfer your own songs or pictures over to your phone.
    Because skangers think the sound of a baby screeching is hilarious.

But didn't they (ComReg etc) say they would introduce stricter rules for "mobile clubs" etc after all those kids were being charged €90 a month my those companies that used to advertise on MTV etc?

They haven't done a great job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

anyone over 10 who buys that stuff should be taken round back and shot

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Any scumbag who subscribes to those services without knowing how to unsubscribe and without reading the T&C's deserves to be taken for a ride imho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stephen wrote: »
    When the revolution comes that bastard that voices the glomobi ads is the first to die.
    Will the revolution be televised?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

jb91 wrote: »

Hate that Goddamn baby:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They did introduce rules, the companies are not allowed advertising without stating clearly that it's a subscription service, plus, anyone receiving subscription SMS can cancel them with immediate effect by replying to the number or texting the number you text initially with the word STOP - no space or punctuation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Well, I think those mobile ads are great, I mean for a tenner I can find out the initials of my future husband AND the name of the baby we will have.

Now I just need to find a guy with the initials S.P. who is willing to call his future son/daughter Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

jb91 wrote: »

yeah it fills the gap in their life when they're trying for that "unplanned" teen pregnancy around the back of the shopping centre on a Friday night

biko wrote: »
    Will the revolution be televised?

"You will not be able to stay home, brother.
    You will not be able to plug in, turn on and cop out.
    You will not be able to lose yourself on skag and skip,
    Skip out for beer during commercials,
    Because the revolution will not be televised.

The revolution will not be televised, will not be televised,
    will not be televised, will not be televised.
    The revolution will be no re-run brothers;
    The revolution will be live."

I love it. :D

Advertisement