Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner info?

Options
  • 11-11-2007 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi i'm a casual player from galway only playing a year with 2 friends is there anywhere we coould play with other ppl just for fun and to learn more. is there comps in the area?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Magic Online is a good way to get into the game casually. It'll still cost you the same as the cards, but you dont get any cards unless you collect the full set. But its a good way to get some experience and fun games.

The cost isnt so bad, if you find a nice deck you just want to build. As you can buy a few boosters and then just trade for what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

thatstru but don't u need a credit card for that?i don't have 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 flashpash

Hi, Jim Neary runs a Friday night magic tourney every week at the bridge club in Galway, for info you can talk to him at his shop in the corn building on middle street.

Really?dats cool.wats it like anything i need to no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 flashpash

Its ok, they swap between standard (timespiral block/coldsnap/10th ed/lorwyn) and draft (lorwyn). But just come along, they always play
    casual games as well.
    (I may be able to go this Friday depending on work)

• Advertisement

cool i'll see what i can do i'm a student so i'll be heading home.might check it out some time.

Advertisement