Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Remote for all these..?

Options
  • 11-11-2007 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭

It's getting harder and harder to find these when i need them but don't know of any universal remote which would support all of them - the TV.. yes but the others?

11112007xx4.jpg

From left to right, they are:
    • Sharp Aquos LC37XD1E
    • Creative DDTS-100 Decoder
    • XBox 360 DVD Remote
    • H & B 5.1 Surround Sound System
    • Argosy HV355 Media HDD
    Should i just get a big elastic band and bound them all together, or is there an alternative?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Got one of these recently in harvey normans

Great device & well worth the money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lovely piece of kit but was thinking for something more around the €9.99 pricetag? ;)

Ah no.. not quite but willing to pay up to €30 for a remote which will do all these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

You'll find it hard to get anything worthwhile for that price

I got one of these myself and I like it http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=322273

The good thing about the harmony software ,you can program the remote to suit your set up. IE ,if you want to look at dvd's and you have sound running through a seperate source ,it will do all the commands with one button so you don't have to press a load of buttons.

I think you can check if it will work with your stuff ,from their site . I'm not sure though. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/&cl=gb,en

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have the harmony 360. It's pretty much identical as the 555 above but it comes with x,y,a,b buttons for the xbox. Got it on ebay for about €60, you can't buy them here as far as I know.

It can hard to program, never managed to get everything 100% how I wanted but it works fine and it's good for use with the xbox. You get a bit of delay off it unfortunately so it won't be as fast as using the original remotes. I have a hard drive like yours and navigating through the menus can take a little longer than it should.

They are a bit pricy for just a remote, but you won't find anything for €10.

Advertisement