Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick iPod and iTunes question

Options
  • 09-11-2007 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭

I've got a brand new computer and on my old computer my iTunes has gone mad. If i hook up my iPod to my new empty iTunes will the songs just automatically go onto the new iTunes or will i have to put all my cd's on again???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You'll have to copy from CD again. Alternatively: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50948556&postcount=15

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no you cannot transfer songs from ipod to itunes. you can do itunes to ipod but not ipod to itunes.

you need to copy the media across to the new laptop via an external drive/usb key/CD/DVD/floppy disk etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

^ you can with legal third party applications

i was just being specific with regards to itunes,

of course there's always a way to do something in technology but since karoma got in before me with the perfect post i felt like i didn't need to post the same info again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It's a copyright-protecting limitation put on these players; but copying your files back from iPOD to another computer as the files have been lost/will be removed on the previous computer must constitute 'fair use' surely?
    Ignore. I thought you were towing the official line. ;)

That FAQ post could probably do with editing - some of the URL's inserted were invalid a short while afterwards... I can only imagine the rest (Just put in www.google.ie if you're feeling lazy.)

• Advertisement

this has been answered from the stickies.

karoma is right and the stickies need updating. i'll will look after that throughout the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement