Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My flight cancelled with no reason

Options
  • 09-11-2007 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all,

My flight for Decmeber was cancelled and I am very unhappy about this action on behalf of Thomsonfly. Moreover, I also booked another flight (by Ryanair) to bring me from Dublin to London Luton; however, since my flight from Luton to Prague has been cancelled, my money for Ryanair ticket is also wasted.

If you were in my position, what steps would you take under these circumstances? Do I have any right to complain? (On top of that: while Thomsonfly ticket to Prague cost me 40euro 1.5-2 months ago, the Christmas single journey will cost me over 250 euro - if I am to book it now, no matter which airline I will fly with - all routes are already too expensive).

Please also see below the email from Thomsonfly:

Dear MR .....

We regret to advise you that your flight Booking (reference A76SHG) has been affected by a change to our flying programme, which has resulted in your booking being cancelled.

Throughout the course of the Winter flying season, with effect from 02 November 2007, Thomsonfly will no longer be offering flights between Luton and Prague. Regrettably your booking has been affected by this change.

You will therefore be refunded the full amount of all affected flights on your above booking to the original method of payment. There is no need to contact our call centre as this refund will be processed automatically.

Any unused sector on your booking (reference .....) departing before 02 November may also be refunded, subject to authorisation from the lead passenger.

If, however, your original card has expired or been cancelled, Thomsonfly will contact you , in order to obtain alternative card details for your refund to be processed.

If your booking was not made via the www.thomsonfly.com web site, please contact directly the company with whom you have booked, in order to obtain a full refund of the flights.

In order to confirm that you have received this notification, please click here.

We understand that the cancellation of flights can be very frustrating and assure you that we have considered all other options before making this change. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this causes to you.

SkyEurope are operating flights between London Luton Airport and Prague throughout the Winter season. Please visit SkyEurope.com for more information.

Travel Agencies: In accordance with our booking conditions, you are responsible for communicating this information to customers.

Yours Sincerely

Thomsonfly Customer Services

Comments

Advertisement