Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New train timetable

Options
  • 09-11-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Anyone know when the new train timetables will be out? I had heard Waterford would be getting a new service from 17.25 from Dublin however at the expense of the 16.25? The current 18.25 will be moved to 18.35. Anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

It has to be available 28 days in advance on the website.

The rumour I heard is a 1735 to Carlow, therefore I doubt there will be very much change to the existing 16.25 and 18.25 services. If a 1735 turns out to be true it should make the 16.25 and to some extent the 18.25 more bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Current Timetable ends December 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

Current Timetable ends December 8th

And the rumour I heard (from a phone call to Irish Rail) is that the current timetable may be extended to January. I doubt we'll really know until the day itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

early morning service being restored from Portlaoise. there will be a 06:30am service from Portlaoise. confirmed from several staff in Heuston and Portlaoise. fingers crossed it will happen!! ever since the old 06:45am was extended to Limerick the service has been crap.

have not heard that timetable will be extended to January, though it would not surprise me. as far as i know any changes this year are going to be minor with major changes next year once the new Portlaoise Rail Depot becomes operational.

--laoisfan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Anyone heard any rumours about the service from Enfield on the Longford line? Will there be any more morning services?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭thomasj

AndrewMc wrote: »
    And the rumour I heard (from a phone call to Irish Rail) is that the current timetable may be extended to January. I doubt we'll really know until the day itself.

I heard that too from a member of Irish Rail, that the new timetable won't be finalised til December and will come into effect in January.
    Anyone heard any rumours about the service from Enfield on the Longford line? Will there be any more morning services?

cutbacks on that section are rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Please explain how cutbacks are proposed when IE are expanding the Dublin - Sligo service to 7 trains a day, from the current 5 a day?

Plus with the current Longford peak commuter service (which surely they won't scrap?) this brings it to a minimum of 9 trains a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭thomasj

the cutbacks are rumoured to be longford commuter services. again its just a rumour tbh but if it is down to poor passenger numbers ie brought it on theirselves down to their schedule on evening longford services. could have done a better job on spreading services out.

the numbers are good in the morning due to the lack of sligo/direct services but in the evening there is a 10-15 minute gap betwwen the direct and all stops service. which one would you rather take if you are going to longford?

Advertisement