Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD player for around €400

Options
  • 09-11-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

Where can I get a really good CD player for around €400 - I'm currently using a 15 year old Laserdisc player from pioneer, and think I need to upgrade..

I have in mind the following:

Marantz CD6002
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

www.richersounds.ie have the Azur and some Marantz players (but not the model above). If you do find something there and aren't pushed for time, they tend to have good sales after Christmas: I picked up an Azur 540A amp for half price last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

Actually the Marantz CD5001 OSE looks like the likely winner at €250, if I can get Richer Sounds to courier it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Shameless plug but i have a NAD C542 for sale if your interested,save yourself a few bob too.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=37094&cat=50

Richer sounds will send the Marantz down to you no problem , its where i got the NAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

padi89 wrote: »
    Shameless plug but i have a NAD C542 for sale if your interested,save yourself a few bob too.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=37094&cat=50

Richer sounds will send the Marantz down to you no problem , its where i got the NAD.

Sorry dude thanks for the offer but expecting the Marantz CD5001 OSE today!
    By the way classic Pioneer PAL/NTSC laserdisc player now available to all the laserdisc fans out there - also plays CDs in dedicated CD tray!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Has the Marantz CD6002 not replaced the CD5001OSE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

A bit late now but.... that's a chunk of money for no real upgrade. A base level Arcam or a higher second hand Arcam (or Primare, Rotel or other of that level) would have shown a clear improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Let us know how you get on with your new purchase.

Advertisement