Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what are you getting/giving for Christmas?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 6:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

I suppose I will get a nice Christmas thread going and hopefully it will give me some idea's too.

1. What are you getting for Christmas from Santa or others?
    2. What is that ONE gift that would just make your day?
    3. What are you getting for others?
    4. Have you started shopping yet or are you going to leave it till the last minute?
    5. What are your weird or not-so-weird traditions at Christmas time? Whether it's the 'run up to Christmas' traditions or 'on the day' traditions?

Me? Well I honestly don't know what I would like. I am getting a bit old at this stage that I don't know what I need, if anything. I will probably start shopping pretty soon to get it out of the way and make sure I get something for everyone and not forget anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

bytesize wrote: »
    I am getting a bit old at this stage that I don't know what I need

NEED! What's wrong with you?? :eek:

Crimbo is a time for greed and getting what you want from friends & relations, none of that namby pamby need nonsense.

Crimbo is a time for fellas to get all those gadgets they have been craving after (mmmm.......gadgets) and wimmins to get whatever it is wimmins get.

Crimbo is a time for getting that Satnav you were too tight to buy for yourself.

Crimbo is a time for the latest novelty beer dispenser.

Crimbo is a time for big slippers that look like monsters feet.

Crimbo is a time for using your mates/bosses cash & carry card so you can stock up on beer.

Need - bah :mad: - You just dont get the real meaning of Christmas do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Nothing, and i mean it, people got the message after a few years of me not getting them anything to not get me anything back..
    For years i bought unappreciated useless crap for people that was immediatly thrown in a corner, this way is much easier. Stress free xmas for me

If I want something, I get it myself for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's only the second week of November.

There will be no more Christmas thread this month. Not on my watch anyway.

Now it may be that I have become immune to such things, but I have yet to notice a Christmas based ad on TV this year.

Keep it for next month.

Humbug.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement