Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can friends become more-than?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭

Im just musing here, over a pint, and Im wondering if anyone can provide their own insights into whether friends ever become more?

Im not asking for advice so much (so dont ask me about it :rolleyes:) but I just wonder if anyone here has tales of heartbreak or love to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Your partner should be your best friend anyway, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

a definite yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

your partner being your best friend is one thing but trying to become parters with your best friend is a whole different can of worms , trust me

leave it alone , dont go near it with a barge pole !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Not a PI.
    Moved to AH.
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was my boyfriends "friend" for a few months before we got together, he wanted to get stuck in to me but i wasn't interested. He was very persistant and now, almost 2 years later we live together and are heading off travelling in April. So yes, if it's right friends can become more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I think you should always fuck a bird before becoming friends.... makes things easier

Thanks for mving this to AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Yes friends can become more and if it doesnt work out they can stay friend after too..

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Friends first...not to the point of farting in front of eachother...But definitely get the goods on weather she's a wedding chaser or a bunny boiler....

If no on both counts....go get the balls wet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Sure... why not

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Not a PI.
    Moved to AH.
    B
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I think you should always fuck a bird before becoming friends...

But only if you're a bird, too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Terry wrote: »
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

Sorry Terry,
    I did think of you as I moved it over...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Aww... Terry's love for Beruthiel is Not reciprocated :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Overheal wrote: »
    Aww... Terry's love for Beruthiel is Not reciprocated :p
    You're not getting any either, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

so dont ask me about it :rolleyes:
    No. So, is she hot? Nice ass? Rack? Need more details before giving advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Friends can become more than but it cant be done the other way around.

imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I'd definately say that they can. My boyfriend and I were really close friends for about a year before we got together, that was two years and we're still as close as ever.

In the beginning we went through that whole 'but what if we wreck our friendship' buzz but the thing is, if there are clearly feelings there it's gonna be very hard for the friendship to stay the same anyway so you may as well just run with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'd say that as long as they have a pulse they're fair game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

My now husband became my best friend over 16 years ago, he wanted more I at the time did not but I soon coped on what a great catch he was and still is and so after dating for 10 years we married and now have 2 kids. Hes still my best friend.

So Id say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

To me the only problem would be what if it does not work out?, what if something where to happen? What if due to unforseeable circumstances it ends and effects your friendship?

Then again that expression exists for a reason. "Its better to have loved and lost..."

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mmm.. all good thoughts :)

Nah I wont talk about it really; we both know theres a click ("Butterflies in the stomach" as she put it) but Im not inclined to catalyze anything. If it develops, it develops. If it doesnt, it doesnt. I tried to explain this to my uber-player-brother (20+! theres a number for ya!) who tried to explain the whole concept to me as a 'game' and tried to justify subtle manipulation of people.... so no: Im not inclined to catalyze Anything.

(I'd be amused if my brother had any girl-friends he Hadnt tried to bed)
    Terry wrote: »
    You're not getting any either, buddy.

Hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Im just musing here, over a pint, and Im wondering if anyone can provide their own insights into whether friends ever become more?

Im not asking for advice so much (so dont ask me about it :rolleyes:) but I just wonder if anyone here has tales of heartbreak or love to share?

if your talking about riding and still remaining friends afterwards , yes. if your above board and honest theres no reasons friends cant have sex and remain friends

if your talking about going from friends to a meaningful relationship ya can do it but if you **** up there goes the friendship as well as the last thing one or the other wants to do after a break up is watch the former lover hook up with a new partner.

its just too messy

Advertisement