Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters of Science Fiction

Options
  • 08-11-2007 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this on TV last night, series of short Sci-Fi movies in the same vein as Masters of Horror. That said, had never heard about it before though, so maybe that speaks volumes about the quality. I didn't actually watch it, and it was already half way through by the time I found it, did anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are 6 episodes, and it was canned after 4 in the States. I thought it was a bit dull to be honest. I didn't make it past episode 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Jerry was a Boy is definitly worth watching, I thought it was the best of the lot. Fine cast too.

The Discarded has 2 great performances from Dennehy and Hurt but the execution is predictable.

The one starring Locke from Lost starts out well in Iraq, builds up the tension nicely and then has an embarrassingly weak ending that looks like it was written by a 10 year old.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Yeah, its a 6 episode run. Off to a slow start, Ep1 was interesting enough, didnt think much of the second one. I hope it improves as it moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I watched the 4 of them ienjoyed them, where is a topic in the Science Fiction forum in the telivison sub forms list that has a topic discussing the episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just finished watching all of them, nowhere near the quality of Masters of Horror despite the decent casts in several of them. The first one I thought was quite rubbish and a poor opening to a season- Jerry was a Man, The Discarded or Watchbird should have filled that gap, all three of which were quite OK in general. The one with Common Ground was decent as well, the ending was a little crap as it was in most of these episodes actually, but it was an interesting idea. First one and the one starring Locke were abysmal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement