Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 1 - stargate rap

Options
  • 08-11-2007 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

has anyone else seen this rather odd ad? nobody else that i know has seen it

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ya i saw it one night - thought it was a pi$$ take but no its been on twice i think. Late though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I haven't seen it but was it the David Hewlett one or the competition one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i dont watch adds so i dont know but ive been wondering how this WGA strike will effect SGA. If the whole season has already been filimed and season 5 apprived one would assume we are in the clear despite the fact that sadley SGA ratings hit an all time Stargate low 0.9 on the nielsen (but thats not taking into account TVio and the another bollox and online downloads ect).

Anyway hopefully canada or sky will air the whole of season 4 straight through

User45701 wrote: »
    i dont watch adds so i dont know but ive been wondering how this WGA strike will effect SGA. If the whole season has already been filimed and season 5 apprived one would assume we are in the clear despite the fact that sadley SGA ratings hit an all time Stargate low 0.9 on the nielsen (but thats not taking into account TVio and the another bollox and online downloads ect).

Anyway hopefully canada or sky will air the whole of season 4 straight through
    Yeah, supposedly the strike won't affect the production of SGA, but it's possible it may delay the airing of the episodes in the US. Like you though I'm hoping it doesn't affect sky.

With the Nielson rating, when they recalculated it to include TiVo and the like, it came out at a 1.4, so the fanbase is still there, they are just changing the way they are watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    has anyone else seen this rather odd ad? nobody else that i know has seen it

I was going to post about this.
    I dont like ads but this one makes me laugh, its so bad :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

My go im sad - its on youtube
    Not linking it though - not that sad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Haven't seen it,. not can I find it on youtube.
    Here is something good though.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5R8V2ExEYs

Actually there are quit a few there, keep yuou entertained for a solid ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

It's pretty god-damn awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkLrBJ5R4hQ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's awfully good :D

That is awesome, rap music for all us male, middle class and white sci fi fans. :)

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, unbelievably that was the winner of a competition to create an atlantis vid.

David Hewlett (McKay) takes the piss out of it in this one which is even more hilariously awful. He then took the piss out of himself again by releasing this as an apology :)

Advertisement