Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats on your iGoogle?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭

Mine has Skysports football updates, currency converter, translator and weather updates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Weather, gmail, wired news, bbc technology, breakingnews.ie, reuters oddly enough, Rte news, google news.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Weather for Perth, Dublin and Chicago, gmail, latest sports and music headlines, calendar, map search. Must add a currency converter now.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wiki search, Bush Quote generator :D, Quote of the day, soduko

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Currency converter, Gmail, weather in Dublin, Stockholm and Berlin, White Ninja comic, Dilbert, BBC Technology, loads of news, Super Monkey Poop Fight game.
    Plus a few others...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

For some reason I typed in 11811 as my zip code for the weather forecast and it wont go away!! :(

Shooooo!!

See, nothing.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't use it - so Atari Jaguar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

My what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

igoogle??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

What do people mean by having Gmail on it?? Does it tell you if you have mail or is it just a shortcut??
    I have RTE News and Sport and BBC News and Sport and a quote generator and a Wiki box and a calender which is surprisingly useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

iGoogle is evil. just another way for them to gather their information for those targeted ads and expand their database entry for you. I don't and wouldn't use it... at least until the long run intentions for the use of the information is clear....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

~Great thread, will be adding stuff that sounds good.

Various news, weather, calendar....

But best...

Sticky Note ftw.

No longer need scraps of paper with things scribbled on them that I need to do.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I have calendar, boards.ie, Wikipedia search bar, gmail, weather for Aberdeen, Limerick & Murcia, horoscope and currency converter

Not that I ever use any of them of course - except for something on the boards feed catching my eye that i go click on it and lose many hours of my working day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

BBC news, BBC sport, RTE News, RTE sport, breakingnews.ie, calender, quote of the day and optical illusions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

What the hell is an iGoogle and why should I buy one? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Having looked up what iGoogle is (I googled it :D ), it seems that FF faves bar with it's RSS feeds, a multitude of permanently open tabs and some carefully selected extensions perform the exact same task. Far too much to list here...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ibh wrote: »
    What do people mean by having Gmail on it?? Does it tell you if you have mail or is it just a shortcut??
    I have RTE News and Sport and BBC News and Sport and a quote generator and a Wiki box and a calender which is surprisingly useful.

It shows your 5 newest emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I used to use iG until I discovered netvibes (www.netvibes.com) - nicer interface, same functionality. I've been using it for over a year now, and its built up nicely to 6 tabs of stuff to read with my cuppa over breakfast. Who needs newspapers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

just tried looking it up, cant get into anything google related

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I dont use it at all. Even if I did, it would only be for news headlines and weather, which I have in my vista sidebar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I've customised mine so the background is meant to show roughly what time of day it is in Dublin when I log on, so in the morning times it's very bright, for instance.

I currently have:
    News: Guardian, BreakingNews, RTÉ News, BBC, Irish Times, New York Times, Economist, Slate, Reuters Science, Newsweek, Online Journalism Review.

Fun: Boards.ie, Doonesbury, Gmail, NASA Image of the Day, Quotes of the Day, Art of the Day, Weather, People.com, Dictionary.com, Word of the Day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Google is the work of Satan !

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Mr E wrote: »
    I used to use iG until I discovered netvibes (www.netvibes.com) - nicer interface, same functionality. I've been using it for over a year now, and its built up nicely to 6 tabs of stuff to read with my cuppa over breakfast. Who needs newspapers? :)

iGoogle is the only permanent tab I have open at work! It's the business, have every RSS feed I can think of in it!

But now that I've seen that Netvibes methinks I might be switching... looks pretty cool... will have to play about with it a bit first though.. not looking forward to entering all the feeds in again, bit of a pain in the :eek:

Cheers Mr E.... that's my day at work planned for tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭top_dog

What are the advantages of netvibes over igoogle? Both look similiar to me but I haven't used netvibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

does anybody know if you can have two email tabs? like one for gmail and another for tcd mail(which is a partner with google?) I know i can forward one account onto the other but id like to keep them seperate and i tried it before but i ended up with 2 gmail tabs which is no use! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

iwhoogle?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

igoogle is my homepage. Currently it has a beach-scape that changes as the time does (so it's now dark - night time)

Anyways, i have the following:

ESPN.com - NFL
    ESPN.com - College Football
    ESPN.com
    Gmail
    BBC News - Technology
    Weather for Cork
    RTÉ News
    RTÉ Weather

I find it dead handy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Mac based hardware <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

top_dog wrote: »
    What are the advantages of netvibes over igoogle? Both look similiar to me but I haven't used netvibes.

I find Netvibes more user friendly. It's easier to move/rename tabs & move content from one tab to another. You can customize it more, you can edit each feed, to show pictures, how many items to display within it etc.

You can also browse the web within netvibes. If you click on a link it will take you to the site without leaving netvibes (handy for work!), or you can open links in a new window if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What is the Borads.ie rss feed I cant find it.

Advertisement