Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush does it again

Options
  • 08-11-2007 7:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

In his latest speech regarding Pakistani leader Pervez Musharrif George Bush declared that
    "You can't be the President and the head of the military at the same time".

For bonus points who is the Commander-in-Chief of the US Military ?
    Take a guess.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, yeah i saw that too.

I figured there had to be a good reason for it.. his handlers wouldn't have told him to say that without cause.. that's just... such a silly mistake to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Bush wrote:
    No country has done more in terms of inflicting damage and punishment on the Taleban and the al-Qaeda since 9/11.... Their record is quite impressive.

I'm sure the American people and the British Armed forces will be pleased to hear him say that, too.

I often wondered, if a room full of monkeys could eventually write a Shakespearean play, then what must happen to all the other junk they write...

Seems they've found an outlet in Bush Jr.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

But Bushy does not think of himself as President, but rather as King George II, so he has no problem with the statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

King George II
    Brilliant. :D

Horrible thought, does he have any male offspring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

Kinda highlights the fact that Pervez Musharrif isn't actually a president, he's a dictator and they just call him that cos Bush was his buddy :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hagar wrote: »
    Brilliant. :D

Horrible thought, does he have any male offspring?
    He has daughters, but his brother Jeb Bush* has a son. Guess what his name is?:eek::eek::eek:

*Jeb Bush was the former governor of Florida and was the chief executive over the state that decided the 2000 election in favour of his bro by roughly 500 votes (that were very questionable indeed!).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Evangelion wrote: »
    Kinda highlights the fact that Pervez Musharrif isn't actually a president, he's a dictator and they just call him that cos Bush was his buddy :)

You're damn right.
    Ever notice after 9/11 when Bush or another US top figure met Pervez, he suddenly wore lovely suits and not his military clothes? All spin by the US to show this man as a proper politician and not the military dictator he really is.
    Of course, you'll notice recently he's ditched the suits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He has daughters, but his brother Jeb Bush* has a son. Guess what his name is?:eek::eek::eek:

Paddy?

Jeb's Bush's son... the future King George III?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

That would just be madness !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Originally Posted by Blue_Lagoon
    That would just be madness !:D
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jeb. And George, of course.

Ya think someone should buy the family a book of baby names for Christmas?

Slow coach wrote: »
    Ya think someone should buy the family a book of baby names for Christmas?
    Brilliant! LOL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Black? It would fit in well with the family weakness for the hard stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wow, what a gobsh1te.

Do as I say not as i do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Stephen wrote: »

Do as I say not as i do! :)

I think if Bush was saying that phrase, he would get it wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Oh no! Not more Bushisms!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The idea of Bush having an ______sm is disgusting, B!ue. A Texas Oil gusher!:p

• Advertisement

Yeah.

This guys fantastic. He gives the whole world something to bitch about :)

We were talking about Georgie boy the other day, and saying what a blessing it is that he can't run for a third term, But one of the lads said that there is a way that we could be stuck with him for another 7+ years!!!

If somebody is elected to President, and he becomes that person's Vice-president, and that person dies....(how controversial would that be)....while in office, he automatically becomes POTUSA. What's more, he can then run for another term once that is up!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Evangelion wrote: »
    Kinda highlights the fact that Pervez Musharrif isn't actually a president, he's a dictator

They have plenty in common then.

Advertisement