Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going on the Dole while in college?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

*deleted*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The "Back to Education" schemes are an investment - they're incentives to get people back to work and has lots of strings attached. That's neither here nor there re: your boyfriend's issue.
    Has your boyfriend enquired about the grant? It's not much money, but every bit helps. Otherwise, part-time job... It's not fair, but it's the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

As far as I know if you are in college full time you aren't able to collect unemployment benefits because you aren't available for full time work. I don't think how long you collected for has anything to do with it, students can't collect the dole, end of, sorry.

Being broke is part and parcel of being a student, it comes with the territory I'm afraid. Part time work or family hand-outs are the usual way through. And living on Aldi pot-noodles.

I hope it works out for him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Orestes is correct - If he is a mature student he may have an entitlement during the summer as long as all the conditions are satisfied.

Advertisement