Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Phone a Friend for Free

Options
  • 07-11-2007 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

I topped up my phone tonight with 20 euro credit. Awhile later I called the person I can call for free. After about 25 minutes I hung up. I checked my credit (force of habit) and I had 13.96 left. I've called customer care and was told that yes, I had been deducted 19 cent credit. I explained again more slowly that I had 13.96. The man told me to call back in 40 minutes because it takes up to an hour for my call history to update. Anyway, I'm calling back in awhile and I'm just looking for any advice as to what to say. I don't want to get angry (there's no need to), it's not the person on the phone's fault, but I do want to get my credit back because I topped up by the amount required.

Help would be appreciated! :D

Scrap that, just called them back and the woman on the phone has given me 10euro credit. Happy days. I now love Meteor again!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Explain what you did. Explain what happened. If it's their fault they'll fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

ciaranfo wrote: »
    Explain what you did. Explain what happened. If it's their fault they'll fix it.

Thanks. As I said above, they did more than I expected so I'm happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

My bad, didn't see your edit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Did you get the confirmation text? As far as I know, untill you get the confirmation text, your free texts and free call offer aren't activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

This happened to me. Look at your call details on the Meteor website, count it up and demand you want that much back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I started off on O2, then moved to Three Billpay and then switched to Meteor PAYG and out of the three the phone a friend and free text features save me a fortune,

I can't fault Meteor and I'm happy to hear the OP got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

The free texts and calls don't activate right away. It takes about 10-20 mins,you usually get a text telling you it is activated. Until then you will be charged. Happened to be once as well,just as I got off the phone 10mins later I got a text. Half my credit was already gone though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Cabaal wrote: »
    I started off on O2, then moved to Three Billpay and then switched to Meteor PAYG and out of the three the phone a friend and free text features save me a fortune,

I can't fault Meteor and I'm happy to hear the OP got it sorted

I have to agree,the above is exactly what I did.I can now call MrsDub13 for free and text her for free (we both moved over at the same time) and this saves me a fortune.

On a side note ***sorry to thread hijack*** how do you change your phone a friend and do you have to do it at a certain time...?MrsDub13 has her mother down and wants to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dub13 wrote: »
    I have to agree,the above is exactly what I did.I can now call MrsDub13 for free and text her for free (we both moved over at the same time) and this saves me a fortune.

On a side note ***sorry to thread hijack*** how do you change your phone a friend and do you have to do it at a certain time...?MrsDub13 has her mother down and wants to change.

You can change it once every 30 days I think. You can do it on the website. Log in and it's under special offers. Interestingly, I just logged in and it says that I registered for the offer on 7th November, when it was actually the start of October. As a result I can't change the number for another 25 days. I presume this is because of the trouble I had with it. She did say something about resetting it when she was dealing with my original query. (See original post.) It doesn't bother me because I have no intention of changing the number I can call for free.

I think Meteor is great because I can spend 20 euro a month on credit and I never run out. If I didn't have free calls and texts I'd be spending a lot more.

Advertisement