Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Talent doesn't always pay the bills"

Options
  • 07-11-2007 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Especcially when your 'talent' is as big as Rick Wallers!
    One-time Pop Idol star Rik Waller is calling a halt to his singing career – as a condition of getting married to a pagan.

The famously portly 203kg (32st) celebrity will no longer be performing professionally after deciding to get married to a star-struck fan.

Waller, 26, met pink-haired goth Kelly Bliss last year when she stunned the other ten onlookers at a gig by rushing up and hugging him after his performance.

Waller, who was once thrown off Celebrity Fit Club for binge eating, said they planned to have a pagan wedding ceremony.

Miss Bliss, 23, agreed – but only if Waller ended his singing career.

'This is definitely the real thing and, although our pagan beliefs mean that ours isn't an engagement in the conventional sense, we have bought rings as a gesture of love and commitment to each other,' said the singer.

Waller, from Gillingham in Kent, made it to the last ten of ITV1's 2002 Pop Idol before withdrawing with severe laryngitis.

He released an album on EMI and had a No.6 single hit with I Will Always Love You.

But in 2004 it was reported that one gig in Devon sold only two tickets.

'I'm getting tired of singing and I can't rely on it for 100 per cent of my income,' he said.

'I've got two people to think about now and talent doesn't always pay the bills.'

Take your pick for pics:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=74637&in_page_id=34

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/2569779

I tell you I'm devastated!

I really thought Rik had more hunger for success then this, I'm guessing his appetite for fame just wasn't big enough in the end!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Pagan.... She looks more like a Lesbian.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

:( I always figured he'd end up with Michelle McManus and start a pop duo called the Natural Disasters . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Boo it got moved, I'm devastated! Hope the people on this forum are as much craic as from when I came?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Rik Waller never had a hope of making it big....She's probably the best he could hope for...although a bit scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

Ah no that's a BIG loss to the music industry.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lovesafron

For telent this is right another one is "Gray matter dose'nt earn always bread"
    content is okay....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Pigman II wrote: »
    :( I always figured he'd end up with Michelle McManus and start a pop duo called the Natural Disasters . :(
    LMAO.

Lost on most people, that one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pigman II wrote: »

That could be in the running for post of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

OMG!! i have to say im jus DEVASTATED!:eek:

Advertisement