Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Gets Detention For Hugging

Options
  • 07-11-2007 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Story Here
    A 13-year-old school girl has been punished with two days detention for hugging her friends goodbye after school.

What the hell is going on in the US these days. Their laws have just gone mental.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hugging is a gateway form of affection.... and will ultimately lead to hand shandies and soapy titwanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That'll teach her proper Christian values.

Prediction, thread spiralling into discussion pro/con PDA. I'm for btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hugging is a gateway form of affection.... and will ultimately lead to hand shandies and soapy titwanks.

ROFLMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lol @ conservative America.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Conor108 wrote: »
    Story Here

What the hell is going on in the US these days.:eek:

Completely agree. It's nuts. It's starts with a bit of hugging and before you know it she'll be giving handjobs to strangers for her next hit of crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There was a school here a few years back, they suspended a boy and a girl, they were both in leaving cert I think, and going out with each other. School suspended both of them for holding hands :eek::eek:

Bit ridiculous to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah, just a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Americans + the right to make rules = one hell of a lolapolooza when they do something like this.

Whats next? banning eye contact cos it promotes familiarity........bloody americans

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We did this one recently. :)

lol@monkeyfudge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

They also banned people from wearing those coloured plastic/rubber braclets in certain schools, when they found out what they meant.

Ahh shag bands, Yup. Collecting the rainbow. They do some strange stuff in the States. I hope kids here aren't as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it's probably corporal punishment for a peck on the cheek

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Youse are just jealous of their freedoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

friend of mine got a tap/poke with an umbrella by the principal for hugging her bf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

There was a school here a few years back, they suspended a boy and a girl, they were both in leaving cert I think, and going out with each other. School suspended both of them for holding hands :eek::eek:

Back in the 80's when I was in first year at school a boy and a girl from my class were caught having a very passionate moment in the toilets by the principal ( a nun!). We got to know everything they did as she paraded them to the classroom and made them explain everything in front of the whole class - how embarassing for them!
    And they didn't get suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

friend of mine got a tap/poke with an umbrella by the principal for hugging her bf...

Damn right, nobody wants to watch that.

That's why the back of bike sheds were invited

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

kelle wrote: »
    Back in the 80's when I was in first year at school a boy and a girl from my class were caught having a very passionate moment in the toilets by the principal ( a nun!). We got to know everything they did as she paraded them to the classroom and made them explain everything in front of the whole class - how embarassing for them!
    And they didn't get suspended.
    I do love the originalit yof nun punishments. They used to measure our pinafor skirts wth rulers. Well if they didn't like you they did. In front of everyone. They also named and shamed the bridge bunnies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

sounds like my school tbh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

In fairness we always hear these kind of stories coming out of America only to find out a few weeks on that what is reported is not the full story

Examples
    What we heard ;
    Australian Girl kicked off plane for saying Crikey or something

Reality
    She was drunk and abusive all flight

What we heard ;
    Man visited by secret service for complaining about the govt.

Reality
    whilst he had complained to his friends about the govt. he had also showed them an actual outlined plan to assassinate the president

What we heard
    Girl kicked out of school for wearing a gothic t-shirt

Reality
    Was a punk t-shirt covered in Swastikas after being warned about racist behavior.

I could go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

According to my little sister just there - a girl in her class got detention for hugging a male friend on the school premises, he was meeting her after school.

seriously... wth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

hey, they have a policy, she broke it, she gets punished.

I can just imagine the outrage from probably the same people, if the school happened to let PDA's go on willy nilly.

you just know they'd eventually get slapped with a lawsuit, for allowing some kind of inappropriate interaction between students to take place.

the school is just protecting itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

I once got suspended from school for mugging a class mate

but detention for hugging a class mate, that's hard to believe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That's not a law, that's one of those insane school 'zero tolerance' policies which are put in place by mindless people who are entirely unable to exercise personal judgement are are instead contributing to the decline of American society.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When i was in school i never understood why the teachers etc. had such a problem with students having a bit o' the fun, i was given a warning for smiling by the priest/headmaster in my school when i was younger :rolleyes:.

I understand what its all about now, the golden oldies get jealous of the young having fun.
    Nothing pi55es us off more than seeing the irresponsible teenies out enjoying life in a way we didn't when we were their age (from our perspective), and most of the time we aren't even conciously aware of it.

I'm sure prudish school policies stem more from that kind of thinking more than any proper thought out reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

To a nunnery with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i got detention for a hugging a girl back when i was in 5th year!

fair enough she didnt consent and i kinda copped a feel and she told on me but whats the harm in that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

People, do you not know that if you hug a boy a sperm jumps out of his pocket, burrows under your clothes and impregnates you, true story. Hugging girls just leads to hugging boys and pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

watna wrote: »
    People, do you not know that if you hug a boy a sperm jumps out of his pocket, burrows under your clothes and impregnates you, true story. Hugging girls just leads to hugging boys and pregnancy.

same thing happens when you look a girl straight in the eye!! the sperm just flies into the girl like an invisible laser and bammm!!! she pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

biko wrote: »
    That'll teach her proper Christian values.

Ah Christianity.

What they actually believe is that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in all humans because a woman made from a rib was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree and thereby pissing off an invisible wizard who lives in the sky.

And sure why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Did he cop a feel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Same thing happened to me back in 6th year. I was going out with this girl and I kissed her on the cheek just as a teacher walked around the corner. The teacher continued to give out to me in front of everyone but the near the end of her rant she kinda remarked that my then girlfriend was a tramp (not in those words but along those lines) which at that point I went mental at the teacher. After MY rant the teacher brought it to the principal and he actually backed me up and made the teacher apologise to my then girlfriend. Love those lil' victories against teachers!!! :D;):D

Advertisement