Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mein Deutsch isd Unglaublich!!!

Options
  • 07-11-2007 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,
    Ich muss mein Deutsch verbessern.Haben Sie Spitzen fur mich?Heute ich habe F.A.Z gelesen,es war ein Artikel uber das Auto "Trabant"..Ich WILL ein Trabant!!

So please correct my terrible German!!!And also does anybody else want a trabant!The're like the Mini's of Germany!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucille

Mogwa wrote: »
    Hi,
    Ich muss mein Deutsch verbessern.Haben Sie Spitzen fur mich?Heute ich habe F.A.Z gelesen,es war ein Artikel uber das Auto "Trabant"..Ich WILL ein Trabant!!

So please correct my terrible German!!!And also does anybody else want a trabant!The're like the Mini's of Germany!

hi,
    well i guess ur engl. word there was tips/hints? thats "Tipps" in german, "Spitze" usually means the top or fringe of something (e.g. the tips of ur hair are "die Haarspitzen"). and no, i don't want a trabi, i just want my mini back :(.
    ur doing fine so far, if u have any particular question just let me know- there is a horrible film about a trabi btw, "Go, Trabi, Go!" u might try and watch that one to improve ur german ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

May I humbly suggest that you might want to improve your English, lucille? The use of 'u' instead of 'you' and 'ur' instead of 'your' is toe-curling.

Mogwa, your German isn't all that bad. You can try to read www.spiegel.de. Reading is good to get into the rhythm of a language, even if you don't understand every word.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Persius

Hi,
    Heute ich habe F.A.Z gelesen...

Heute habe ich die FAZ gelesen

Verb (main part) is practically always the second word of a Hauptsatz. Also, you usually include the definite article in front of Newspaper titles - similar to in English really.

Hope that helps

And yeah, Trabis look cool, but would be neither the most comfortable nor reliable cars around. Their emissions mean they're not very environmentally friendly either. You used to see alot of them around Berlin and East Germany in the mid 90s, but they're all gone now.

Edit, Lucille's film reference reminds me of Goodbye Lenin. Highly recommended, and there's a scene about receiving a Trabi in that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Why are you calling us Sie? Du is used on the internet, at least on something like boards. I presume on more formal discussion sites Sie is still used or if you're having some sort of contact where you would still use Sie like if you're e-mailing someone about buying something from a site like ebay, but certainly not on something like boards.

Und du musst deine Deutschkenntnisse verbessern;)(it just sounds better, and AFAIK its the normal thing to say instead of what you said, nothing wrong with what you said though), which literally means you have to improve your knowledge of German. And an 'e' goes after the word if can't type the umlauts e.g. über ->ueber, and you write 2 s's for the 'estzet'(ß) if you don't have a keyboard that can write with the German alphabet i.e. Straße ->Strasse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

also die deutschen texte in der FAZ oder auch im spiegel sind für jemanden, der kein sehr gutes deutsch sprechen kann, schon relativ schwer zu verstehen. das kann ich mir zumindest vorstellen. hilfreich wäre vielleicht auch www.wikipedia.de. dort kann man sich schön durch die themen lesen, die gerade subjektiv interessant sind.

TRABANT rules the german automarkt! you`ll see..

there are some other trabant-movies: trabbi goes to hollywood, go trabbi go II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

...und es gibt noch eine menge Trabis in Berlin!

das stimmt. ich aber hingegen habe immer diesen moskwitsch (wird so geschrieben?) bevorzugt. den fand ich immer ganz toll. oder auch einen alten wartburg aus den 60ern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucille

palaver wrote: »
    May I humbly suggest that you might want to improve your English, lucille? The use of 'u' instead of 'you' and 'ur' instead of 'your' is toe-curling.

eh right.. i just love the way YOU can't really say anything around here without somebody trying to correct you, no matter if it relates to the subject or not...that's not really my english then, that would rather be my spelling that YOU complain about there. i was just in a hurry and figured people (especially the op) would still be able to understand my writing. i now see that this is not the case. so as i DO know how to write properly and spelling the words correctly seemingly is what it takes to make YOU happy, palaver, i'll gladly do it. :)

mogwa, you could also try to watch any sit com that you like on dvd in german (and pick german subtitles as well). you won't learn many "big words" that way (rather "everyday-conversation-knowledge" :) ), but it definitely helps- you hear the word and see it written down at the same time, and you have the context to help you figure out what is meant if you don't understand a certain word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

lucille wrote: »
    so as i DO know how to write properly and spelling the words correctly seemingly is what it takes to make YOU happy, palaver, i'll gladly do it. :)

Surley you mean "So as I do know how to write properly and spell the words correctly, since that is seemingly what it takes to make you happy,...":D?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Persius

Kanzler wrote: »
    das stimmt. ich aber hingegen habe immer diesen moskwitsch (wird so geschrieben?) bevorzugt. den fand ich immer ganz toll. oder auch einen alten wartburg aus den 60ern.

Stimmt, der alte Moskwitsch sieht geil aus. Ich habe eine Menge vor zehn Jahren in Moskau gesehen. Ob die aber zuverlaessig sind...?

• Advertisement

Vielleicht ist es aber auch die gute alte russische wertarbeit...

siehste, und schon haben wir ne leichte konversation auf deutsch vom native speaker, an der sich der ire an sich schon mal beteiligen könnte. aber die lesen lieber im spiegel oder in der FAZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Ich würde Deutsche Welle auch empfehlen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭foxhound

du will eine trabant
    Warum? Wenn es ist kaaput du ist flicken.
    Wie Veil ist es?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lhagpa

Hi,

Willst du immer noch einen Trabi? Ich bring Dir einen!

Advertisement