Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cremated son turns up alive...

Options
  • 06-11-2007 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Reuters wrote:
    A mother cremated a body she thought was that of her dead son, only for him to turn up alive later, police said on Friday.

Gina Partington's 37-year-old son Thomas Dennison was reported missing last month and a body was found in Rusholme, Manchester, three days later.

The 58-year-old mother, from Urmston, Greater Manchester, formally identified the body as that of her son and, following an inquest, the body was cremated on October 30.

But police had actually found Dennison, living rough in Nottingham, four days earlier.

The case has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission to discover why Partington was not told of her son's discovery in the days before she attended the cremation.

Inquiries are continuing to formally establish the identity of the body, but Greater Manchester police said they believe they know who he is.

Next of kin have been informed.

Police said in a statement: "This set of circumstances is clearly distressing and urgent inquiries are ongoing to establish how this happened."

Linky

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Bit thick formally identifying him as her son if it was someone else tbh :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

"I thought you were dead"
    "I wasn't quite dead"
    "You were cremated"
    ". . . . . i got better"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

FruitLover wrote: »
    Bit thick formally identifying him as her son if it was someone else tbh :confused:
    Aye ... after three days!!?

Not like he had been lying in a ditch for months, or something.

Not quite the whole story, I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

very odd.

well **** - someones been robbed a funeral, while somebody is gonna have a second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 roadrunner41

Hate when that happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not quite the whole story, I suspect.

There's no smoke without fire :D

(yea yea yea, poor joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

"I thought I said I never wanted to be cremated?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Aye ... after three days!!?

Jesus was a pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

layke wrote: »
    Jesus was a pussy.

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Bit inconsiderate of the chap
    all the work his mother put into making his funeral nice and he doesn't even turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That reminds me of another story I heard about some guy who dies and comes back to life... think he died on a Friday and showed up again on the Sunday, can't remember the guys name, but it was a mad story!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think it was a Stephen King story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

bodies can be difficult to visual ID if they have been in water or decomposed. A distressed parent may easily make the mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the poor Joe Bloggs that got put in the toaster without even a proper ID? That's the tragedy here, not that police failed to inform the mother who couldn't reccy her own son :rolleyes: ...I wonder had he a life insurance policy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wertz wrote: »
    Am I the only one who feels sorry for the poor Joe Bloggs that got put in the toaster without even a proper ID? That's the tragedy here, not that police failed to inform the mother who couldn't reccy her own son :rolleyes: ...I wonder had he a life insurance policy...

Probably wasn't the brightest spark in the fire either!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

oh, the puns, the puns! *dies...and is reborn from the ashes*

Advertisement