Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting Music onto a iPod without iTunes

Options
  • 06-11-2007 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

I'm considering getting an iPod touch for Christmas but I understand you can't put music onto iPod's without iTunes??? Is there anyway of enabling the Drag 'n' Drop facility that most other MP3's have? I've read the FAQ and noticed that there's a few alternatives to iTunes. How do they work and what are the best? Would any Ipod compatible dock fit an iTouch?

Any advice on the iTouch in general would be appreciated also? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

iTunes is drag and drop. You mean UMS support. No. But you can use alternatives to iTunes. I use MediaMonkey. That said I also use iTunes because it does somethings well.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Brian017 wrote: »

Any advice on the iTouch in general would be appreciated also? :)

Bought an ITouch last week. Its probably the best portable music player out there at the moment. It has a dock connector so any previous dock equipment should work. I used my Giffin ITrip and charger from my 4 Gen Ipod and it works grand.

The YouTube browser is excellent and the Web browser is handy, you can zoom into an area of the screen to read the web page. Not sure about the battery life as yet. If you just want to listen to tunes, you can switch the screen of, so that should extend the battery life.

The video player is he only problem I have. I bought some 3rd party software to put DVD’s on the ITouch, but to play a movie, you have to manually click each chapter, so every 5 mins or so you have to do this.

Anyways, I’d definitely recommend it.

Advertisement