Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Celebrities...any stories?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

I was working at a careers fair today in IMMA, and I met Emma Ledden of MTV/RTE fame...lovely she was too...

she now runs a course teaching people how to present tv/give presentations etc...

Got me thinking,has anyone had any run-ins with vaguely formerly famous people recently? And what are they up to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Couple years back, after Six (of Irish Popstars "fame") broke up one of the members came into the chemist where I was working to buy prescription dandruff cream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Ran into Pat Ingoldsby about this time last year on Dame St.

There was a particular poem of years I was looking for and I apologetically stopped him and asked him which of his many published books I could find it in.

Not only did he tell me, but he then proceeded to recite it to me completely from memory there and then on the pavement at 5pm rush hour with commuters dodging by us.

Lovely, lovely guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

Couple years back, after Six (of Irish Popstars "fame") broke up one of the members came into the chemist where I was working to buy prescription dandruff cream

If I was a guy and famous I would SO go into your shop and ask you for extra-large condoms!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Emma Ledden really needs to be back on television.

Very good looking lady.

LuckyStar wrote: »
    If I was a guy and famous I would SO go into your shop and ask you for extra-large condoms!!!!

I'd say "Are these for your boyfriend, yeah?" I don't work there anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Samantha Mumba and your man from Big Brother(darkish bloke) are in my gym

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Emma Ledden really needs to be back on television.

Very good looking lady.

she surrrrreee does.

Celebrities have dandruff?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Had some dealings with Emma Ledden a couple of years ago, found her to be extremely unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Really. What happened. She came across as a bit of a tool in her Live an Kickin days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Just a heads up folks - nothing libelous, mmmkay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I used to bump into John Cowley who played Tom Riordan in the 60's and 70's, a lovely friendly man who loved to talk about his days at RTE. Sadly he died approx 10 years ago.

Stargal wrote: »
    Just a heads up folks - nothing libelous, mmmkay?

The same reason why I didn't post the band members name, legal studies argh... beaten into my brain.

Good aul Eddy Hobbs rang my job today. Got to speak to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

emma ledden = very yummy

eddie hobbs bought a property nearby my parents house, one day i was in the sitting room and he walks down the road with his head up a littl,looking to his right,just like he does on tv :eek: haha

go to college with a guy who used to be in fair city and the general, extremely nice guy,and great to hang out with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

Met the ol 'fox" at shannon 10 years ago, had a few guinness, he said i was great crack and promised to send me a postcard from america,needless to say i got nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Fair enough...I met Caroline Corr in my local a few times - no big celebrity air about her thank god and Jim's a hell of a nice guy too -Sorry I can't dish the dirt but in the interest of fairness I must be balanced in my reporting - My granny once met Robert Mitchum in Cork and naturally she said he was 'a bit full of himself'...methinks he was merely blending in with the locals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Ray Shah is djing in the Purdy Kitchen in Temple Bar, although he aint a celeb!

Advertisement