Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concentration

Options
  • 06-11-2007 6:58pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so things arent too bad now, but I can feel them getting worse.

Anyone got any tips for staying on the ball?

I generally think about that feeling you get when you're unprepared for an exam and you're sh*tting yourself... that gives me a little bit of drive. But I have the most boring assignment right now :(

I'm in final year, and am working *really* hard at stuff, but it still quite hellish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Jesjes wrote: »
    Okay, so things arent too bad now, but I can feel them getting worse.

Anyone got any tips for staying on the ball?

Regular breaks.

Works for me. 10 mins on, 5 mins off.

For the 5 mins go do something completely different.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, I tend to do similar, only an hour on, and two hours off.

Or, treating myself. For instance, right now I am trying desperately to get a structure on this essay, and then I will watch Heroes. But only after I've gotten enough done.

That, and I check boards/bebo/youtube every 10minutes or so.

DID YOU KNOW: Out of 24 videos on Ireland's "Featured" videos ONLY four (4!) of those list Ireland as their country.

http://ie.youtube.com/browse?s =rf&t=t&c=0&l=&e=en_IE

Wtf YouTube?

/me tries to concentrate, again

If you're doing a subject that doesn't require a laptop, consider leaving it at home. Seriously, I was checking boards a lot last year in my final year when I had the laptop in front of me but I gave it to a friend for her to work on her dissertation for a few months. Cutting off the instant access is good for your overall grade :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I do use my laptop a lot... But its important for the writing of the actual essay. *AND* for checking boards...*

For tonight I've decided to give up on teh subject I dont like (research methods: survey) and read part of the book on the one I do like (Ecommerce, comparing two websites and the technology they use... I choose photobucket & flickr).

Tomorrow I am going to a Skills workshop on Academic Writing, so hoepfully that'll inspire me/help me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

God, I'm in the same boat..... Assignments coming out of my eyes!
    Good luck with it all!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement