Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First game in the Development Ice hockey league

Options
  • 06-11-2007 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi all

The first every game in the IIHA (Irish Ice Hockey Ass) development league will take place tomorrow night in Dundalk Ice Dome Between DKIT Ravens (The only college Ice Hockey team in Ireland) V Dundalk Bulls B

The Development League will run till May 2008

The following teams will be taking part

* Belfast Eagles
    * Bulls B (Dundalk)
    * Bulls Ladies (Dundalk)
    * DkIT Ravens (Dundalk Institute of Technology)
    * Kilkenny City Storm
    * Latvian Hawks B (Latvian community around Dublin)
    * Rams B (Dublin)
    * Whalers (Dundalk)
    * Dublin Wolves

for more information see

www.iiha.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Hope everything goes well with the new development league! :) How's the IIHL's inaugural season going so far? If I could skate at all, I really would look to set up a Sligo/North West regional team. "Sligo Canadiens" anyone? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hope everything goes well with the new development league! :) How's the IIHL's inaugural season going so far? If I could skate at all, I really would look to set up a Sligo/North West regional team. "Sligo Canadiens" anyone? ;)

Sligo Senators or Sligo Sabres has a better ring to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Hehe, true. :D

I don't think the team would be named after Sligo anyway. I'd wager that the first team based here would be called the "North West *insert plural here*". It would include far more people in the region than naming the team after a town.

Are there any rinks up that way?

The one in Booterstown opened today, I'll be down there tomorrow. Then next week the Liffey Valley and RDS ones open up. All of them close in mid-January though, the nearest one for the rest of the year is Dundalk as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

What are the rinks that are in Dublin like? How often is the ice cleaned?

We won the game the first of the Development league

DKIT Ravens 6 Dundalk Bulls B 2

• Advertisement

miceal wrote: »
    What are the rinks that are in Dublin like? How often is the ice cleaned?

Temporary rinks for Christmas, just for the public to try their hand at skating. I read somewhere that one of them costs €4800 to privately rent for an hour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

What that is insane!

We rent the Dundalk ice dome for training and ALWAYS getting onto freshly cut ice we have it good looking at that last post

Advertisement