Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top gear test track is going to be in gt5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

The game looks great but it will be great trying to beat the stigs lap times in the cars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Cadzer wrote:
    The game looks great but it will be great trying to beat the stigs lap times in the cars

Sorry what??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

GT5 = Gran Turismo 5 - a racing simulator.

you may remember clarkson using it to go around a track in america - the name eludes me right now - then himself going around the actual track itself. having the test track in GT5 will be cool, as cadzer said trying to beat stiggie's times will be good fun.

i just hope they don't have it as a super ultra mega hard unlockable track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Cremo wrote: »
    you may remember clarkson using it to go around a track in america - the name eludes me right now -

Laguna Seca i believe iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Indeed it was. Dave only showed it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ah just fcuking lovely:)

I love that game im the king at gt4:cool:(kind of)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

this is good news, but better news would have been that you could do it in the reasonably priced car!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Who is to say the reasonably priced car wont be included in the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ Who would put a 'Chevrolet' Lacetti into a game like that, or any game (other than something like Destruction Derby :D) for that mater?

Then again, GT4 had a Nissan Pao and a 3-wheeler Honda Somethingoranother in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Well it had mazda demeo's , toyota yaris , to name two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

Gran Turismo has always been the best racing game released,the detail is incredible and GT5 should be unbelievable altogether-when i heard about the test track it was like the icing on th cake.2 of the best things combined:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Shane_O wrote: »
    Gran Turismo has always been the best racing game released,the detail is incredible and GT5 should be unbelievable altogether-when i heard about the test track it was like the icing on th cake.2 of the best things combined:D

Nah PGR is better but i gotta say its a very nifty idea!
    Wish xbox had it too:( Ah well

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Nah PGR is better but i gotta say its a very nifty idea!
    Wish xbox had it too:( Ah well
    A hardy claim dont you think?
    PGR is rubbish compared to GT series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's a very good game but to call itself a simulator is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

tuxy wrote: »
    It's a very good game but to call itself a simulator is a joke.

Why so,its definitely the most realistic game to grace a console so far.Taking all aspects into consideration

Why so,its definitely the most realistic game to grace a console so far.Taking all aspects into consideration
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

Morf wrote: »
    Laguna Seca i believe iirc

Indeed... in a badass blue Honda NSX

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Because its handling couldn't be classed as simulation, yes the most realistic game on the PS3 but doesn't stand up to something like GTR or rFactor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I dont think PGR was ever trying to be a simulator.Remember that forza and PGR are both by microsoft themselves and its forza that is designated as"simulator".I have forza 2 myself and i think its a great game but its nowhere near as realistic as gran turismo.However i think forza is a more fun gaming experience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

PGR is no where near a sim... Its just a fun driving game. I love it... Pick a car n drive... Simple n fun... There's allot more to the likes of GT n Forza... didn't really like forza myself.

GT was the only reason I had a PS1 n PS2.. Had a PS3 but got rid of it. Will pick one up when GT5 comes out

• Advertisement
Advertisement