Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3

Options
  • 06-11-2007 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

I bought a Sony Walkman A808 in June, I use it on an occasional basis. Last month I went for a walk and when I came home I noticed that 1 of the screws from the back had went missing, I didnt think much of it as the other one was still their. But last week I looked at it again and the other screw had gone missing. And now the back of the mp3 player is cracked.

Would anyone know which of the following I'm entitled to repairs/refund/replacement? The scres must be less than a centimetre in length and I fear if it was repaired It would just suffer from similar symptoms in a few months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Discuss it with the support line.
    Whichever you accept - repair usually. Although, an option (d) comes to mind: None - it's possibly wear and tear / user damage - which the warranty may not cover. It may or may not be the case, check with the repair centre/support line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've been looking at some auctions for this player on ebay lately (thinking of selling mine because sony are bastards and won't release new firmware) and in a few pictures I've noticed screws missing from used players, all black ones. Perhaps this is a known issue. The screws in my white one are firmly home and you'd need one of those tiny spectacle screwdrivers to undo them.

Advertisement