Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Figaro?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I hate to be a bother but can anyone give me the title, or better direct me to some information, on a specific piece from either Figaro or the Barber of Seville (can't remember which one it is in).

Its in the First Act as far as I recall and it is the rapid alliteration piece sung at a quick tempo (usually in Italian so dont ask me what the hell the words are).

Any ideas?

Sorry for the lack of musical terminaology but I wouldnt no my adagio from my allegro ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Its Largo Al Factotum by Rossini.

Anyone direct me to a good recording of it instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

You can get 'The Best of Rossini' on Naxos 8.556683 upstairs in Tower, which includes a terrific version.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Laaaargoalfactotumdellacitta, laaaar-go! Lalalalalalalalala, LA!

Difficult to get good recordings unless it's either a compilation by a very good baritone with a good voice for this role (when did you last see one of these...?) or a good recording of the entire opera. If you're not an opera buff (excuse the slightly obscure pun) then perhaps you wouldn't tend to buy the entire opera, but it's worth becoming acquainted with—Il Barbiere is a good opera.

Advertisement