Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endodontist for route canal and crown

Options
  • 06-11-2007 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Having read other posts I think it would be advisable to go to an Endodontist for root canal and crown work.

Does anyone know if there is a major disparity in fees between Orthodotists in NI and the ROI?

Also can anyone give an indication of cost for a root canal and crown?

Also can anyone recommend one in NI ( preferably in Counties Fermanagh/Armagh/Down)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Went to the endodontist recently myself and was quoted 800 for root canal and 800 for crown. I'm half considering going up north as well if I could even save a few hundred euro. Also the receptionist was saying something about being able to claim some of it back but I didnt really get the full story?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You can claim part of the cost from the Revenue using form Med2 which you can download from revenue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

How much of said cost can you claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    How much of said cost can you claim?

I believe it is calculated atthe highest rate of tax you pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

the-lad wrote: »
    I believe it is calculated atthe highest rate of tax you pay.

Seems unfair - so someone paying 42% tax (and therefore more able to afford it, surely) will get €420 back on €1000 treatment, whereas us mere mortal students only get €200?

I think being 19 and in college I can still claim off my parents' PRSI?

Possibly a bit OT, if mods think it warrants a seperate thread or if there already is one just shout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement