Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSc vs BA (CompSci)

Options
  • 06-11-2007 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm in 1st year of a BA in Computer Science (in ucd). Normally with a BA you take an extra subject as a minor or joint major, and I intended on doing a BA in CS and German.. But i'v decided I want to do pure CompSci now. There is an option in my course to choose a single subject major in CS from 2nd year on. However, my question is will a single subject major BA be less highly regarded than the BSc degree when it comes to Computer Science? It's the same duration (4 years) and I'l be taking all the same computer modules

Cheers if anyone has any advice on this.. I'm afraid a single subject BA won't be as valuable as a joint major or a BSc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭light123

Hi there,

Do what you enjoy first. The title mean feck all at the end. What might be important for employers for the first year or two after you graduate is how you did marks wise. Thinking along these lines it would be a lot better if you did what you like rather than what you think you should do.

Don't think about what other people might think about one course over another. You are the one studying it for four long years. The important thing is to finish the course and get the degree and to try and get the most out of it as you can.

Don't be taking CompSci only because it might look better. Do what you want and enjoy as much as you can.

Advertisement