Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Hates their job?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

im jus wondering how many people hate their job?

im only working in my current job a short time but already begining to hate it.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I dont hate my job but it hates me!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

By any chance are you an accountant, cause they all hate theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Well I sorta do.....quitting in 6 weeks and going to teach English in Spain.

Just put in the time to sort myself out moneywise.

If someone hates their job, just quit or work towards quitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Dont hate my job but deeply dislike it. That's work for you, very few people enjoy what they do for a living. But you can always commit suicide :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

lol ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

i like my job. civil servant - so the hours are not too bad. so dont spend obscene amounts of time in here like my previous jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

If someone hates their job, just quit or work towards quitting.

Haha I find this a funny statement coming from someone who is starting another job and has no idea how that will go.
    Many of my friends have worked teaching English in Spain and all hated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like my job.

I work 8.30 to 5, and it takes me an hour and a half each way.

But, I do about two hours work in a day, get well paid for it, and no-one bothers me.

I have pretty much everything I want in here.

Plasma screen TVs with Sky on them.

Full net access.

Fairly sound work buddies.

A nice selection of ladies to look at.

The food in the canteen could do with a slight improvement, but meh, I usually bring my own sambos anyway.

Of course you can like your job.

I sing in a band on the weekends. I love that. Only time it's bad is when I remember I'm getting paid and even after that it's easy money.

If you're doing something that's different and interesting every day how can you not like it????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Oh and for the record I don't hate my job ...i'm just bored to tears working in IT. I put an average of 4 hours work in a week. The rest I spend on the boards. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

JMULL wrote: »

yeah my gf is one and she f*ckin hates hers too. she's worked in a 3 different places now and hated them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Also work in IT, starting a new job in a couple of weeks, more money
    but now I might actually have to.....work :eek: and maybe no more boards during the day :(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I dislike my job, but besides starting at the bottom in a different, worse paid job or 'somehow' winning loads of money, there is little I can do about it. The money outweighs my dislike I'm afraid, but I don't think I coluld do it with any more apathy tbh. I also read boards and other websites a hell of a lot during the day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

had i a job i'd prob hate it and do what i did in my last job that i hated- leave.

stupid science degree.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

prendy wrote: »
    im jus wondering how many people hate their job?

im only working in my current job a short time but already begining to hate it.:(

*Raises hand*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I hate my job. I've been here a month and I'm just so miserable every day. i get the packed dart in in the morning and look around at everybody else and think you lucky bastards bet you're not as miserable as me. I've decided to quit, even though I'm only here a month and temp for the next 5 monthy (then I'm moving to NZ!). Life is too short and I can't be miserable 5 days a week.

Haha I find this a funny statement coming from someone who is starting another job and has no idea how that will go.
    Many of my friends have worked teaching English in Spain and all hated it.

If I don't like it I'll go to Austrailia.....find it funny or not, once you have sorted out your finances there's no reason to stay in a job you don't like.

Your comment came across as a bit condescending mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Elessar wrote: »
    Dont hate my job but deeply dislike it. That's work for you, very few people enjoy what they do for a living. But you can always commit suicide :)

Ha ha and that's THE TOOTH! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm a scientician and I like mine...can come and go as I please, once I get a few papers accepted to conferences and journals every year no one really gives a hoot what I do.

Plus my job is located in the the most fun loving country in the world (sarcasm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

5starpool wrote: »
    I dislike my job, but besides starting at the bottom in a different, worse paid job or 'somehow' winning loads of money, there is little I can do about it. The money outweighs my dislike I'm afraid, but I don't think I coluld do it with any more apathy tbh. I also read boards and other websites a hell of a lot during the day.

I just don't understand this! I never have! I currently despise my job and I'm looking for another at the minute that is Mon to Fri so I can get a Sat/Sun job that will help me save for a make up course 'cos that is what I want to do, the money will be **** for a while, but I don't care 'cos I'll be doing somethign I love, yet my sister who is an associate in a bank on Wall Street and earns literally over 5 times what I do now absolutely despises her job, she hates it, but yet she won't retrain, 'cos she won't give up the money! Are you all crazy people? You spend the majority of your time in work, why be miserable?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i like it here. Im an IT admin, i recently got a ridiculous raise so im on more money than i know what to do with. The amount of work is just nice, tho i did just check the offices internet usage, and im in 2nd place and boards + gamesradar make an unforgettable starring role in the bandwith usage category :D

Remember folks, if youre in work, and browsing the web, people like me see EVERYTHING YOU LOOK AT ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i like my job, spent 7 years moving from job to job cos i hated them all but i like where is am now, it think it the longest i have ever been in a job in my whole life. flexi time brilliant, the wages could be a lot better but sure you cnat have everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I love my job, it's flexible to the extreme. As long as I meet deadlines and don't feck up I can come and go as I like. It also allows me to surf all day and take a break whenever I need to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I agree with the 'rather have a worse paid job that i enjoy' vs money and feel like **** all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Who me?

I quite like my job.. I have internet and TV to keep me occupied when things are quiet. Grub is excellent in the canteen, colleagues are all ok. I'm a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

just started new job in IT and love it :) and what's more important don't think I'll change my mind soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Snap on the IT front. Network admin here, as long as everything is working reasonably well, no problems from anyone. But when its mad, (like when something breaks or stops working properly), I fcuking hate my job. Anyone for a bit of "Is the system/internet/network down?" grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement