Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone driven off the N24 this morning?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post so feel free to move it if not.

When you're on the road a lot you see some bad driving but I don't know how someone wasn't killed this morning. I was driving along the N24, between the turn off for Cappamore/Doon and Dromkeen when this car crawls out across the road in front of me, causing me to have to slam on the brakes. Then the driver, still crawling along between 30-40 km/h starts drifting to the wrong side of the road. I flashed my lights a couple of times to tip off the driver, who then swerved to the other side and nearly drove off the road into the ditch. So I then start beeping for the driver to pull over off the road because they're obviously in no fit state to drive a car and I can see a child moving around the back seat of the car. But no, the driver keeps going and completely crosses the white line and drives head on into around a dozen cars, driving them off the road. At this stage I'm beeping and flashing, as are the other cars that this car is driving head on in to. I really don't know how the other cars avoided a collision. The car eventually sways across to the right side of the road and indicated to pull over at the garage in Dromkeen. I was so pissed off that I pulled in behind the car to have a go at the driver, who turned out to be an old woman. I asked her if she knew that she had been driving completely on the wrong side of the road, her answer was that she wasn't able to see with the sun. I told her she had caused cars to drive off the road and she just said 'I'm sorry about that', got out of the car and walked into the shop, not a bother on her. Were any of you the drivers that were forced off the road this morning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Garda Traffic Watch Hotline- 1890 205 805
    Garda Stations Telephone Numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"wasn't able to see with the sun"
    Crap excuse for almost killing everyone, including herself and a child.
    Sun visor down, shades on next time please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Did you give her a hiding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

typical....
    similar happened to me in galway last year..comin outta shopping centre onto a busy roundabout(headford rd)
    an old guy in front indicated right and went wrong way into the roundabout despite us flashing and beeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

"I can't see so I'll just keep driving blindly"

The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

OK so you have her stopped at a garage, WTF didn't you phone 999 and wait until the guards arrived???

Advertisement