Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Membership of the NRAI ? introduction into F class ?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I have read that membership to the NRAI. Can offer benefits when entering comps and I am told they offer introduction days into the F class disipline.

I have been on there website but it has no info about membership I think it is under some construction.

I am also going to take the long drive out to Midland because I have zero faith in that mallow thing getting off the ground within the next six months,

anyone know how I could get info on Midland ??? Website ?

Are there many Midland members on here ? Does anyone know who I would contact to find out about membership fees for the range ? Or what are the fees ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter.

NUTTA !!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

These are directions from Dublin, but you will be able to use them coming from any direction. The important part is to follow the signposts for Birr from Tulamore.

Directions to MNSCI, Tullamore, Co. Offaly from M50 in Dublin. Distance approx. 105Km
    • Take the exit from the M50 motorway signposted Junction 7, Sligo (last junction before toll bridge coming from the south, first junction after the toll bridge coming from the north).
    • Follow the N4 until it joins the M4 and continue on the M4 for about 25Km (there is a €2.60 toll). Join the N6 (signposted Galway) and continue on this dual-carriageway which bypasses Miltownpass, Rochfordbridge and Tyrrellspass.
    • The dual carriageway ends south of Kilbeggan from where you join the N52 to Tullamore. Entering Tullamore, turn right for Birr (at a Centra Supermarket).
    • Continue following the signs for Birr (N52) until you leave Tullamore. After about 4Km, you come to Blueball. Turn right at the Blue Ball pub and continue on that road for approximately 4Km until you see a sign for uneven road surface, and there are trees on both sides of the road. Look for the Range on your right, the entrance is a narrow laneway on the right with trees on both sides and small signs at the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

NUTTA1 wrote: »
    I am also going to take the long drive out to Midland because I have zero faith in that

Sent you a PM with some details. Midlands is great the only thing is gettting
    to the place! I only get to go there once or twice a month.
    Initial member ship fee is steep but after that its great value.

I was trying to make it up to the last F-class open day thing-e-me-bob. but my
    lift up there could not make it.
    I think I mis understood when they were advertising it as when I read it
    I thought GREAT open day, introduction to F-Class pay some money and
    get to fire some lovely rifles at long range

when I contacted the guys they told me bring along my own rifle with me on the day.
    assuming I already owned a rifle I could use for F-class? But my trusty ol rimfire
    I don't think was up to the job and anything over 200m. I do kow they were
    working in scaled down targets to work on shorter ranges but I have not tried any yet.

It may be something to clarify with them before you travel.

the guys I have met (still dont know half their names) are pretty sound
    and have often let me take a few shots at the 200-300 range where I
    was drooling over some of the gear.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

have to say i like the midland range and have been there as a guest many times. my buddies are members because they love the target side of things. not my cup of tea though and i found some of the people runnning the place are rude, ignorant and all-knowing. ( two people only so i suppose im branding now). But you do get to have a whack at some class guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Marlyman, sorry to hear that you had a problem with two of the guys at the Midlands. I've been a member for a good few years now and think that all the lads, staff & all members, are pretty sound. 2 out of 500+ aint bad.

The initial joining up fee isn't as steep as some other clubs. The fee is reduced on renewal for the next years subscription. I think it's about €265 at the moment, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Yes, it's fantastic value for money with Clays, covered rimfire area 50-100yds, covered fullbore area 100-300yds, covered rimfire / fullbore pistol area out to 25m (with electronic turn targets coming on stream soon), open fullbore area out to 300-600yds with butt crew (advanced noticed required) and I beleive that they are now hoping to commence work on a 1,000yd fullbore range in the near future.

Thats what I call value for money. Far away, I don't think so. I drive most Sats with a round trip of over 160 kms, I think it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

The architectural plans for the new clubhouse are on display in the clubhouse.
    Faboulous to say the least. Onward and upwards.
    My round trip is 154miles(Twice most weekends)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Member here, great place with great "staff", best place in d world !

Good crowd on a saturday when I mainly go

You'll never regret joining

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

There are half a dozen of us in Newry and the same in Belfast, in the Midlands.
    190 mile return for me but it's worth it.
    Regarding rudeness, nah, you mis-understood ,,,, they are really all a bunch of great people.
    Walk along the line, drooool over the individual rifles and you will be offered a shot or three, good way to shoot full bore for free,,,,,, not very legal mind you, in the ROI you must have a permit for the firearm you are shooting which is what led to the misunderstanding on the open day.
    Midlands can only offer .22lr rifles at the minute but Jim is trying the local super' again to put full bore on the club permit.

Seamie

Hi Nutta, in short, there are two ways to join NRAI (which is seperate from Midlands ) one, through an affiliated club and two, individual membership.
    Details will be on the web site shortly as the site is being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Walk along the line, drooool over the individual rifles and you will be offered a shot or three, good way to shoot full bore for free,,,,,, not very legal mind you, in the ROI you must have a permit for the firearm you are shooting which is what led to the misunderstanding on the open day.
    Midlands can only offer .22lr rifles at the minute but Jim is trying the local super' again to put full bore on the club permit.

Not so Seamus, CJA 2006:

the possession, use or carriage of a firearm
    or ammunition during a competition or
    target practice at a club, shooting range or
    any other place that stands authorised
    under this section or section 4A of this
    Act”,

exempted from FAC under teh above circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Well done Seamie.

But you forgot to post the NRAI's website site address, hold out your hand for a smack.

Have a look at Field Target Rifle (F/TR) class within F-Class, .223 & .308

www.nrai.ie

Point taken Sidney, well done to you too.....

• Advertisement

V Bull wrote: »
    Well done Seamie.

But you forgot to post the NRAI's website site address, hold out your hand for a smack.

Have a look at Field Target Rifle (F/TR) class within F-Class, .223 & .308

Hey lads,
    Nrai is looking to recruit target rifle shooters for competition, 20 + shooters needed to train up for international competition next year.
    .308/7.62 ... cheaper rifles than f class or f/tr, no 1600 euro scope to buy....
    1000 euro will easily set you up and you can shoot with the best. Lots of s/h guns in England, Fultons of Bisley for instance.
    www.fultonsofbisley.com/
    http://www.hps-tr.com/carboot.asp
    http://www.ukgunroom.com/gun/rifles_for_sale.jsp

Watch the NRAI.ie site for details ;;;;;;;;;;;; www.NRAI.ie,,,," in case I get smacked again."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Not so Seamus, CJA 2006:

the possession, use or carriage of a firearm
    or ammunition during a competition or
    target practice at a club, shooting range or
    any other place that stands authorised
    under this section or section 4A of this
    Act”,

exempted from FAC under teh above circumstances.

Yes, but only if the club is authorised to hold centre fire, hence Seamus' reference to the Super. Midlands authorisation only permits .22 club firearms.

Advertisement