Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ballymacool Letterkenny, Donegal.

Options
  • 05-11-2007 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi I have tried sourcing wireless broadband for a while now - Irish broadband, vodafone,o2, etc etc etc no signal - does anybody know of any other providers. I don't want to get a landline as I am only renting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Plenty of info here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Or here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mickdogg

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

three is probably your best bet

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

From the complaints I read about 3, I doubt if they'd be the best bet!

Have you tried for Digiweb Metro?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Yeah Digiweb have their mast at the ESB substation on Lurgybrack so they should have a view over that area of town I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yeah Digiweb have their mast at the ESB substation on Lurgybrack so they should have a view over that area of town I'd imagine

Thats were Irishbroadband have their mast too, so if you cant get them i doubt you'll get digiweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

I thought IBB had there mast at Mongorry. Digiweb have a national agreement with the ESB and are to be their national partner when they roll out their bb. thats why they are at the ESB substation and I had been told they were exclusive there but could be wrong.

IBB definately have one on mongorry, NW Electronics have a dish on the IT if that can get line of site to you.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Senna wrote: »
    Thats were Irishbroadband have their mast too, so if you cant get them i doubt you'll get digiweb.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I have Irishbroadband and was there when the fella put it in, i asked him where the transmitter is and he looked at his notes and said Lurgybrack. Thats the direction my aerial points.
    Where is Moungory? is that the transmitter off the convoy/letterkenny road? If thats it, its possible they use Lurgybrack as a point of reference, so i may be wrong, but right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Mongorry Hill is between Glenmaquin and Raphoe, just off the Letterkenny - Convoy road.

Advertisement