Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madrid bombers sentenced to 40,000 years

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

if posted, then sorry. i searched, but couldnt find anything on it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/31/wspain631.xml

The men received symbolic sentences of more than 39,000 years each but under Spanish law they will only serve a maximum of 40 years in jail.

dont we love the spanish legal system!

F*cking typical. MAKE THEM SERVE THE FULL SENTENCE! 40,000 years in jail will learn 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ah now, 20,000 would be enough dont ya think.

i heard spanish prison is fatal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So they keep the corpse there for the other 39,950 years? That would rock. Good deterrent. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Personally I don't think it was long enough. Most of these terrorists and hardened criminals could do 40,000 years standing on their head. This is as good as a slap on the wrist to them. They should have gotten at least a 100,000 billion, trillion years. Rabble, rabble, rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Woo! Give them such absurd sentences that they seem like martyrs! Wo...wait...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I sentence you to make love to me.
    Feel like a martyr?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ah now, 20,000 would be enough dont ya think.

i heard spanish prison is fatal?
    Another typical bleeding heart liberal post! You'd have them sentenced to 20,000 years and no doubt let them out after 7,000 on good behaviour. What is the world coming to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I sentence you to make love to me.
    Feel like a martyr?

I would if I was able to last 40 years.

And, I thought I'd warped back into last week when I saw this title. Old news is no news :p

Advertisement