Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Classic Cover Flow

Options
  • 05-11-2007 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

This hardly deserves a thread but just a quick question to those who have iPods with cover flow. I find this a very handy way to choose music cos I recognise album covers but what do you guys do with compilations? I have quite a few compilation albums from different artists so this means that the album cover is repeated quite a few times. At the mo, every second album cover is 'The Very Best of Air Guitar Music' or a soundtrack to a movie and it makes it seem like they're the only albums I have. It also takes longer to look at other albums so I was wondering, is there any way you can specify in iTunes to make it only appear once? Even though there is different artists, its just one album! I could just have the artist for the album as 'Various' but I like to know what song is by who. I'm sure I read somewhere or somebody told me how to do this...

I know it sounds stupid but does anyone get me? lol :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't know how the ipod classic works but do you have "group compilations" checked in your itunes preferences ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

could you have the artist as Various then the composer are the actual artist who wrote the song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Mactard hit at it, ensure that the compilation box is clicked for the songs on the compilations and that way individual artists on the compilation won't turn up on your list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Cremo wrote: »
    could you have the artist as Various then the composer are the actual artist who wrote the song?

You don't need to do that kinda a hack. Wrecks your tag library when you do that kind a thing too.

If you use compilations in iTunes it removes artists on compilation albums from the artist list and groups all the tracks under that album.

However if you already have an artist listed, because you've other music from them, then its smart enough to their compilations tracks in their artist folder.

I'm only realising that iTunes/iPod has the best way of handling compilations. Or at least I've not seen a better way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh must be a recent feature of itunes, you see despite owning a macbook and an ipod, i don't wander into itunes and therefore the last time i used it for my ipod was about 3/4 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its been in there quite a while. But they've tweaked it a bit over the years. Works quite well now. Its a feature that might persuade me to buy an iPod.

Advertisement