Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCUK trousers

Options
  • 05-11-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I bought a pair of trousers last week in French Connection. Bought them and guy behind the counter said "you know these are on sale" down to €72 from €80. So I said great and walked off.

Wore them today for the first time and noticed a tear on the right leg. Nothing major but still shouldn't be there for something I paid €72 for.
    Took them back and he said the reason they were on sale was because of the tear and I said that should have been made clear to me when I purchased them.

He said I could exchange it for anything in the shop to the value of €72 and refused to give me a refund. I just took the trousers away with me. Should I not be entitled to a full refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

To be honest, it's really going to be down to his word against your's over what was said, assuming that the trousers were reduced on account of the damage and not a general sale offer. It could be hard enough to get a refund unless you can prove that either the trousers were not marked shop soiled or that you were not informed that the trousers were reduced because of the damage.

From your post I am assuming that you did not realise they were reduced when you decieded to buy them and it was only when you got to the counter to pay that you found out there were reduced. So you were happy to pay 80 euro for (an unripped pair of trousers) why not save yourself a lot of grief and pay the extra 8 euro now to get a pair of trouser that you origionally did want.

I know someone is more that likely quote the SOGASOS Act, but unless I am reading this incorrectly, isn't this more a case of why the trousers were discounted?

Advertisement