Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply - Help!

Options
  • 05-11-2007 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this sounds obvious, but my power supply cable is plugged into the supply, but I'm not getting any charge from it.

The sockets fine, the black box thingy in the middle of the cable is lighting, but the battery charging light on laptop isn't lighting. Checked and cleaned (blew on!) all connections.

Am I about to fade away...

Are they easy to replace, its a Dell Inspiron 1501?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

It could be that you battery is faulty and not charging? If the green light is on on the power supply its a pretty good indicator its working ok but you might want to get someone to test it with a multimeter to check the voltage comming out.
    Remove the battery from the laptop and try powering it on with just the AC Adapter plugged in to see if its working ok.

Advertisement