Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wirless Co-Ax transmitter

Options
  • 05-11-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Posted this before but didn't really get much of a response, I really don't know how there isn't one out there already?

Looking for a co-ax wireless splitter i.e. something that will take co ax in transmit and send co ax out on the other side.

even fancier would be if it transferred via the electrical system in the house like my broadband!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

What you want is a set of "rabbit ears" i.e. a set-top antenna.

The problem is that the coax is carrying a wide range of different frequencies (all the different channels) - broadband is working on one specific frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

Basically in the girlfriends place they have analogue cable coming in, I want to bring the signal up to her room without cabling (rented house don't want to mess around) so the rabbit ears aren't really going to work cause they'll only get the basic 4 channels!

I see what you mean about the different frequencies.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Simplest solution is use the VCR downstairs and a video sender. Plug video sender into the VCR (which will need to be tuned into cable channels if not done already) so TV upstairs will control the VCR tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

Sorry Just wondering what's a video sender?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭Homer

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=44469&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=VIDEO%20SENDER&doy=6m11

A video sender will...

• Send digital TV upstairs or to another room without cables
    • Compatible with practically any video source (DVD, TV, satellite, PC, etc)
    • Ideal for use with Freeview, free-to-air and Sky TV boxes
    • Change channel from another room with the built-in IR remote repeater
    • Stable 2.4GHz signal operates through most walls, floors and ceilings
    • PAL and NTSC compatible
    • Very easy to set up

It will not take a co-axial input. Needs to be line level which is why you need to take the feed from your VCR if possible as byte already mentioned!
    If you do not have a VCR you may be able to set up your tv to output TV through one of the scart outputs on the back of the TV.
    I am guessing you do not have a set top box and just a cable feed directly into your tv?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Yip, video sender FTW - have one downstairs catching output from a set-top box, a Sky box and a dvd recorder - all of which are beamed upstairs - remote controls used upstairs also operate the relevant boxes downstairs.

All previous technical, hifi and home cinema transgressions were instantly forgotten the day I installed that little lot - Instant brownie points.

Ritz.

Advertisement