Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom made mattress - anyone have any experience good / bad ?

Options
  • 05-11-2007 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello all

looking into commissioning a custom mattress, was wondering if anyone can recommend a good outfit for this / also any unsatisfactory experiences would be appreciated.

all the best

eldon

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've never had one made but I wonder how good the springs etc would be compared to the well-known brands? We recently bought a King Koil memory foam matress, it cost over €1700 for a king size but it has a 20 year guarantee and it's absolutely fantastic to sleep on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'm not sure if they do mattress's I think they do, but my mother had unbelievable trouble with a custom chair shy bought in the back shop on Wicklow St or Exchequer St.

A high quality foam mattress and a proper support bed amy be a cheaper option, since you move in your sleep wouldn't wouldn't a custom made mattress negiate itself as you won't always be lyign in teh correct position?

Why not try the sleeping & dreaming forum??

Advertisement