Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scart to S-video

Options
  • 05-11-2007 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

I know there are a lot of threads about this already, and I have searched a few of them but still cant really solve my problem. Mods, if this is in the worng area, sorry, and move as appropriate.

Basically, I was wanting to connect my HP laptop to my tv. The laptop has a 7 pin svideo output slot, and my tv is a standard one with 2 scart inputs. I got an svideo to scart lead, with what I thought was complete with audio transfer too (see pic of one just like it).

When I connect them, nothing at all happens. The image stays on the laptop and nothing comes up on the TV. I tried pressing fn+F4, but it says no output device detected. I think I may have to change the settings to PAL, but I'm not sure about that either. I'm not sure either what use the audio jacks are, as they are coming from the scart end of the lead, so dont know if I plug them into the audio jacks at the front of the tv that the sound would work (altho this isnt a major problem, want to be able to get images first!)

any help at all welcome, and maybe I just have a wrong cable and thats the problem!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Here's what you need. I went through several shop-purchased cables, none of which worked, before I bought that one from that company.

And I have a HP laptop too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Another thing you could try is to get an S-video to composite convertor this will look after your picture and you just need to split your sound you could get a 2mm (or 2.5) cable which splits out to 2 phono connections, then you could plug the whole lot into one of those playstation type commectors

Peats have em I had a look at their website

249565H.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭kf1920

i just hav a cheap ass scart cable (7 euro or so?) and when i hook it up i change the set display from monitor to tv, and bob's your uncle, it works. The sound is still done thru the laptop tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

cheers for the help guys. just wanted to check that what I have would work or not before I returned it. thought it would, but doesnt seem to. would be inclined to just get that one on svideo.com just to be sure of it working for the sake of a few more €

Advertisement