Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet seat up or down !

Options
  • 05-11-2007 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

Not another scat thread (I have been known for my opposition to those),and not another poll, this however may bring an end to the argument as to wether the tiolet seat should be left up (for guys) or down (for the wimmins). Read on....

"ODEBOLT, Iowa (AP) - Jake Wulf wants to keep the lid on it. The 9-year-old boy flushed out a plan for a foot-activated toilet seat lifter that is called the "Privy Prop," designed to lower and raise the toilet seat."

The full article....

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071103/D8SM01F00.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

he has one weak spot: remembering to lower the seat after he's done, Beth Wulf said.
    Beth, he lifts it up, you put it down. That's how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Much easier solution is to make each person wear a toilet seat around the hips, so that they won't fall in. They put it on each morning and take if off before bed. Of course, clothes will have to be adjusted for it to fit snugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Lol...
    I think that the whole lot should be put down after use - seat & lid. I put the lid down & then flush..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"My mom was getting mad at me for forgetting to put the toilet seat down and she was falling in,"

I always wondered why people got so upset! are people really falling into toilets!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I never really understood this argument. I'm a guy and I leave it down...its not that much hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

star-pants wrote: »
    Lol...
    I think that the whole lot should be put down after use - seat & lid. I put the lid down & then flush..

I just piss on the floor saves all the hassle you get from people about their toilet seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Suppose there's no real answer as men will say up and woman will say down.

Although, down would make more sense as men will use the seat in this position when having a dump, where as woman will never use the seat in the up positon, so the seat gets more use in the down position.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

star-pants wrote: »
    Lol...

Yeah this has always been the answer to this argument

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

keen wrote: »
    Suppose there's no real answer as men will say up and woman will say down..
    Surely some women will perfer up? no?

If I go for a dump I perfer to see it up, it is less likely to be covered in piss and I dont have to dry it off. I hate seeing seats down in pubs.

Or do these uppity women want no piss on the seats at all!?!:confused:

Thats asking a lot. And from reports I hear it is not just men that piss on toilet seats anyways. I remember cleaners rining into stations about the state women leave toilets in, uesd fanny pads stuck on the walls, footprints on the toilet seats where they squatted and left piss & crap on the seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

"My mom was getting mad at me for forgetting to put the toilet seat down and she was falling in," said Jake, a fourth-grader at Odebolt-Arthur Elementary School.
    Always falling in! What the hell does that woman do in the toilet? Does she not notice the seat is up before trying to sit on it? Stupid woman.
    biko wrote:
    Beth, he lifts it up, you put it down. That's how it works.
    Some people will never be happy I guess. Not being content with her 9 year old being a genius, she expects him to put the seat down too. Did Einstein put the seat down? I don't think so.

Anyone know what Privy Prop means? Doesn't make any sense to me.
    There's also a chance a national company might catch wind of it after Friday's show.
    Highly unlikely, who would pay for something this useless? And unless they patent the idea any company can simply take it and never pay them a penny
    (to spend a penny, tee hee hee).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

toilet seats are for communists

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

rubadub wrote: »
    ...snip...
    footprints on the toilet seats where they squatted and left piss & crap on the seat.

What in the name of all that is good and holy were they attempting to achieve by actually standing on the toilet seat to take a dump - trying for a longest unbroken-cable-laying record or what???

As for the toilet seat up/down - who gives a hoot. Is it really going to take so much time and effort to spend 1.5 seconds either raising or lowering it before use? that 1.5 seconds may be vital if you have a dose of the squits, but in day to day situations, surely not?

I personally prefer to have to put a clean seat down rather than face a seat covered in yellow puddles.

jor el wrote: »
    Always falling in! What the hell does that woman do in the toilet? Does she not notice the seat is up before trying to sit on it? Stupid woman.

Anyone know what Privy Prop means? Doesn't make any sense to me.

I agree - who doesn't notice & then FALLS in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privy

a privy is basically a toilet /outhouse, a prop would be either a substitute or a method of keeping something up (i.e. propping yourself at the bar)

therefore - a method used to keep the toilet(seat) up and down.

and I do agree - some womens toilets are shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Rob_l wrote: »
    I just piss on the floor saves all the hassle you get from people about their toilet seats

What if you had to bust a deuce? Do that on the floor as well? Or make a dirty protest out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

What if you had to bust a deuce? Do that on the floor as well? Or make a dirty protest out of it?

Yeah "anything goes" when Im around, I prefer to leave a nice steaming pile on the floor for people
    I rarely have to worry about being invited back to people's homes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This was covered already.

Toilets have a seat and they have a lid.

The lid is meant to be closed when the toilet is being flushed to stop partilces of Shít from being tossed up in the air in the bathroom when it is flushed. if this is not done then you are breathing in particles of píss and shít when ever you go into the bathroom.

close the fúcking toilet seat lid ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I have seen God, and his name is Thomas Crapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thaedydal wrote: »

The lid is meant to be closed when the toilet is being flushed to stop partilces of Shít from being tossed up in the air in the bathroom when it is flushed. if this is not done then you are breathing in particles of píss and shít when ever you go into the bathroom.

Check out the Mythbusters toothbrush test. It turns out that it doesn't really matter. "Poo gets everywhere".

Toilet for fat ppl Graded for 1200 pounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Thaedydal wrote: »

I know, but seeing as some people will never agree I thought this might be a compromise alternative !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

**** it. your average crapper was designed more with the wimmens anatomy in mind than the mans. i leave it up as protest on a matter of principle. put a male toilet in the house somewhere's (and i dont mean urinal) or compromise like we have to every single day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

as a man i put the seat down, including top part... for the fear of it letting the "germs" out and all over my toothbrush

Unfortunately, Men are neccessary 3-4 times a week, on average, so we must put with them.
    Therefore toilet seats were invented so that women didn't have to share surfaces with those creatures.
    If you don't keep your Lid up, your inviting them to use it and defeating the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

leave the seat down, and i'll pee on it in protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lynnlegend

it has hinges for a reason just like a door or is that the next thread doors open or closed:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How do women fall into the toilet? Do they not see the fact that the seat is down? It's not like the toilet seat is invisible.

How do women fall into the toilet? Do they not see the fact that the seat is down? It's not like the toilet seat is invisible.

it's because as a gender they are on average 50 points short of an acceptable IQ, obviously. that and their complete lack of anything that remotely resembles spatial intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I tend to leave it up myself. Although its no big deal to put it down afterward. Just as its no big deal to put it up?

I never got it? WHat the big deal :confused:

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    I never got it? WHat the big deal :confused:

it's all about the oppression of the gender... whatever side you're on...

Actually I did put the seat up once - I was in someones house...think only guys lived there. It was up when I went it - so I put it back that way -- as I assumed mostly males would be using it.

Try using toilets in Cambodia!! I was limping after using them (I don't have the best joints as it is)
    Then complain about the nice comfy seats we have....

• Advertisement
Advertisement